Jan-Feb issue of Vintage Ford at Post Office Thursday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Jan-Feb issue of Vintage Ford at Post Office Thursday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

It's great that everyone looks forward to receiving their Vintage Ford. Just wanted to let you all know that the printer is delivering them to the post office tomorrow. Since they are sent magazine rate, they will start arriving at homes within the next 2-3 weeks.

It is odd and annoying that some people receive their magazines earlier than others. Unfortunately, there's nothing we have control over once they are delivered to the post office.

We appreciate your patience and hope you will enjoy the new issue when it arrives.

Susan
susan@mtfca.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

One thing about the P.O. is that it's up to the discretion of the mailman as to when he/she tosses the magazine into his/her bundle for delivery. Obviously all depends on the daily load and who knows, maybe even the mood of the carrier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Thanks for letting us know, Susan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

A bit off topic, but to further support what Tim Wrenn is saying about the USPO's "discretion", I have another "pet peeve" with them:

Sometimes, we are gone for a period of time and have the post office hold our mail. USPO regulations are such that they will hold mail for up to 30 days. My wife belongs to a book club that sends her one or more books that are already paid for. No matter who we talk to (including the U.S. Postmaster) someone at the post office decides NOT to hold one of my wife's books, and takes it upon himself/herself to just sent the book back to the sender. We have tried to convince the USPO that it is next to "IMPOSSIBLE" to convince a book club to re-ship a book to a book club subscriber that has already (according to book club records) been sent the book once already. A very irritating situation to be sure,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Thanks for the heads up, Susan.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Harold...that also goes for magazines. My mother-in-law has her mail held for only 3 months during the winter so she doesn't have to risk trampsing across the street in snow, etc. and her other daughter who lives closer gets it once a month at the post office. They said no junk mail kept, no magazines. Good grief!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:15 am:

As a Rural Carrier, it sounds like the PO in Ohio is run a lot different than the one I work at. All magazines that reach my casing (sorting) station are delivered that day. Concerning held mail, the only mail that is NOT held is bulk/junk mail - magazines, books, parcels, etc are all KEPT.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration