Great Smithsonian article, photos, and video of Henry Ford "Road Tripping!"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Great Smithsonian article, photos, and video of Henry Ford "Road Tripping!"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

My son forwarded me this Smithsonian article entitled "When America’s Titans of Industry and Innovation Went Road-Tripping Together."

You all may be way ahead of me and have seen this already, but in case not, enjoy the article, photos, and especially the video!

Be sure to click "Continue to this site" when the first page advertisement comes up.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-americas-titans-industry-and-innovati on-went-road-tripping-together-180957924/#RlxDFd19VOXyWqCv.99

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

There is an excellent book titled " There to Breath the Beauty " by Norman Brauer ( now out of print ) that documents in great detail eight of these trips.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Abebooks.com has several. Best deal is $75.00. The rest are over $1,000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:47 am:

Great 6 minute video part way down the page of the link that Susan listed. Is that Henry who jumps up and climbs to the top of the tree?

That is the exact same way I go camping...in my jacket and tie with all the hired help to do all the chores and cooking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:35 am:

We discussed this a couple days ago. See here for more info, photos, and direct links:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/607140.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:50 am:

This is so interesting! Sorry I missed the discussion a few days ago.
You all are always 10 steps ahead of me! haha!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration