Truck Bed Hardware?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Truck Bed Hardware?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Lauener on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Hello all. I'm looking for a set of hardware for a truck bed I'm building. Basically I need everything metal except for nuts, bolts, washers and screws. I emailed a guy from Wagon Works who's contact info I found on an old thread, but just wondering if anyone has a more current resource I could try. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Google "horse drawn wagon hardware". Also get the book copy "truck body forging a" sold by the venders.

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

http://www.hansenwheel.com/store/wagon-parts-supplies/buggy-wagon-part/wagon-par ts.html?limit=18

^ also they have a ton of the parts used in the truck beds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Lauener on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Thanks Travis. I'm most concerned with finding the bolster braces and the long steel upright brackets that mount along the sides of the bed.

I think I'll be able to handle the latches and hinges. I just seem to be at a dead end with the rest and I don't have the tools to make my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Hello I sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Here is my bed currently in progress. All of the steel parts were made with basic tools. Adding up the cost of the parts from wagon works and similar companies gets depressing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

Josh, keep your eyes open for old farm wagons and such. Most everything built up into probably the '40's (just a guess, maybe later)that were made from wood used the same type of irons. Check out farm sales, antique/junk stores, salvage yards, etc. Once you start looking, they pop up every now and then, plus they have the correct "patina". I've seen a lot of them over the years, guess I should start buying them up. Better than letting them go to the scrappers. I have some, but they are kind of spoken for. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:35 am:

Josh -- Are you asking about hardware for a TT or a pickup bed? Jerome Hoffman is reproducing pickup bed hardware, copied from the original 20's parts on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Lauener on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Sorry I didn't mention it...this is for a '22 Roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis E. Towle on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Here is a bolster - hope this helps? 19 bucks each.

http://www.oldjdforyou.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oldjd4u&Produ ct_Code=W101&Category_Code=41

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Lauener on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Thanks for all your help and feedback. I have secured a set of hardware from a fellow club member, so my search is over.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration