Valve pins Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Valve pins Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Are valve pins hardened or soft metal?
hank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Lorenzo, the pins should be hardened, seems some sold today are better than others. I used these...hope this helps.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3057.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:54 am:

There is some threads from 2015 about soft valve pins. I had to replace mine and found out the hard way because they didn't last very long. I used the suggestion of making my own from hardened drill bit stock and the are still doing fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 11:46 am:

According to Ford, the size of the pins should be 7/64" x 17/32.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration