Old Photo: A very early 1914

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo: A very early 1914
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 04:03 am:

It's so early it has the '13 style windshield. Maybe made in July '13 when Ford first got '14 style bodies from at least one of their suppliers?
The owners were called John and Irene.

hhh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Interesting how that '13 windshield does have the '14 vertical brackets holding it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Could it be a 14 windshield reversed? Our 13 will not stay partially up like this, especially if driving (wind and gravity). If it's a 14 on backward, would the hinge/gutter keep it partially extended?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:17 am:

This proves they didn't spend a lot of time polishing the brass back in the day :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:32 am:

Irene looks kinda cute. I bet John had better things to do than polish brass. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 10:17 am:

The hinges appear to be Vanguards - be a '13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 11:06 am:

What Dave said!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 11:32 am:

I've seen factory photos of early '14s, and they used up the '13 fenders on them too. I'm not sure when they stopped using the aluminum crank handles, but that must have been mid year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Rob, I think you're right. That rain gutter would definitely hold it up like that...when I saw that this morning I even thought that'd be a weird place to keep the windshield driving down the road with wind and all. And those do not look like the typical hinge center as on the '13...they stick further out front than these look like.

Yes Dave, she does!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Does it have the bent 1914 style windshield supports that "if" it had the 1914 style windshield and it was installed correctly -- it would allow the windshield to clear the supports when the windshield was folded back?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration