Rajo oil gauge.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rajo oil gauge.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

There was a discussion awhile back about the Rajo oil gauges. Someone posted a link to a man who was reproducing them. I decided to order one for the speedster project. I contacted Jim Marino about buying one and had a nice talk with him. He no longer makes the oil gauges. He had made 3 runs of them thru the years of 75 per run, and is not planning on doing anymore. He thought he had at least 10 left from the last run left. I will post a link to his web page that has his contact info. The price says 125.00 each but that was an old price, never updated. They are currently 145.00 each plus 10.00 shipping. That is the same price he was selling the last run for. I have no connection to the man but I was satisfied with his product. If you think you may want one for your project, now would be the time to get one. A lot of things like this are made, sometimes for years. Then the one person in the world who makes them retires, and stops making them. It would be nice if someone like Bobs, or Chaffins, Langs, ect could try and get the patterns and core boxes, before they get lost to history. I thought I would just post this in case someone has been waiting till "later" to get one..... Well its "later" :-) have fun and be safe ... Donnie Brown ... oh yea ... The pictures are of the gauge I just received ...

http://specialtmarino.blogspot.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

here are three period ads for your viewing pleasure :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Interesting to know that he repoped 225 of them. I have seen him set up selling them at the Auburn California swap meet in the recent past.

Here's an original cast iron one from our accessory collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

The only thing I may do to mine is make a level indicator like the original, with the slots, instead of the painted lines. Thanks for the pic of the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:16 am:

I thought I might get one of those RAJO gauges for my race car project, but Mr Marino would not send out of the US...so I gave up on that idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:42 am:

Peter, Australia post has a post office in Oregon, USA according to this thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/491651.html?1415458206

So if you're quick, you can order one of the last new gauges and supply an USA address for mr Marino.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:57 am:

There's also: www.reship.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration