Model T parts .. re-purposed ..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T parts .. re-purposed ..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

maybe we are using our parts wrong .?? Steam punk art is alive and well... :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Style-Henry-Ford-Model-T-1918-1925-Timing-Cover- Antique-Tribute-Lamp-/182006184970?hash=item2a6069fc0a:g:j4MAAOSw~otWgwEw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Neat, but not $500 neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

I agree. Too rich for me. But there are people who can not make anything themselves, that shell out the big bucks for stuff like this. Someone in a New York City loft would just love something like this, and what is 500 dollars to someone who probably pays 3000.00 a month for rent .. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 07:58 am:

$3000/month in NYC is the slum district. :-)

Yeah, for $500 I would expect the rest of the engine too. At least he used period correct hardware and old wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 08:19 am:

My problem is I can't dream up neat stuff like this, either to just have myself or make some spending cash out of. Oh well. Nice to look at but that $500 will buy half the white tires/tubes that I need for Pete! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:13 am:

It is a made in Canada front cover. Are those hard to find. A lot of thought went into making that. The slotted screws and the twisted cord help make it look authentic. I am pleased the filler cap is Model 'A' not 'T'. It is charming. Perhaps someone could re-purpose this artisan to restoring cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Top 10 Outrageous eBay Auctions

Here's the link.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1918340_1918344_1 918376,00.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:47 am:

i have considered using a couple bad crankshafts to make a lamp post or attach something on the journals to set potted plants on but have never done it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:55 am:

I'd give my left ### for one of these!

Here's the 2010 Forum thread about this bench.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/145236.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

I note one of the ebay items mentioned was an entire town called Bridgeville CA.
Hardly a name worth paying for in my book.
Now if it was name something like Ritzville WA then I could be interested...

Plus they have a good old car club there as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

A great piece my grandfather has which is incredibly useful: the shell for a standard 25-27 Model T rear end. He had a friend weld some "U" shaped pieces onto the wheel side ends. Makes fantastic jack stands for keeping the car lifted off the ground during winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Jay,

I too love that bench and would give my wife for one. I think the Model T museum should have one like that for the visitors to sit on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Needs a coffee table to go with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

And a shelf for the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Here is an end table I made years ago out of a old Studebaker steering column, and misc... My wife hates the orange low pile shag carpet. So do you think Ill ever get rid of it... Its My office, ain't gonna happen :-) :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration