Buffalo wire wheels question/s

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Buffalo wire wheels question/s
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

Since there are a few (new) parts for sale in the classifieds I thought I would ask...
I'd like to first state that I really didn't know bout these till now...

So...

1. Since the nuts and hubs are being made is it safe to say that wheels are being made as well?

This wheel option sounds great for those that need a quick wheel change... maybe in rally situations. (They look good as well!)

2. How does one attach the hub to the T's axles? (front and rear) I just can't picture it... so... pictures would be great!

Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

I don't think the ad is legit. If the guy was selling anything he would tell us the prices. I frankly don't get what is going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Okay but I am still curious about these wheels... were there other manufactures that made the same "type" of wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:11 am:

Robert, in an effort to prevent another outburst type situation, as you already witnessed on the classified section, I will try to answer your questions directly and stay on topic.

The Buffalo/House wire wheels were just one of several brands offered by the Wire Wheel Corp. of America. Of course there were other brands available such as, Dayton, Simplex, Phelps, Rudge Witworth, Pasco, Ash, and Budd to name a few. They all have similar theories of construction with minor variations specific to each brand, and available in a wide range of sizes to fit anything from cycle cars to Cadillacs.

So to answer your two questions,
The Buffalo wheel hubs directly replace the Model T hubs at all four corners of the car. They use the stock spindles and bearings in the front, and mount directly to the stock axles in the rear, just as any other stock T wheel hub would mount.

As for the wheels being reproduced, we already can get rims, and spokes if you know where to look. It's the wheel centers that we are stuck scrounging around for originals... for now (refer back to the classified ad).

I hope this info helps settle some of your curiosity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Chill Royce ! I know Kevin & his Dad personally !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Do I need to send a check to you Steve? If so, how much would it be for, and what would be in the box when it came to my house?

Patiently awaiting the day I can buy House wheel parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:00 am:

If you have to ask you can't afford them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Come on over to the Bakersfield Swap Meet in April, see them for your self & talk with Kevin or you can send me your "want/needs" list & I'll get back to you on the prices !

Apparently, it's been way too long a winter for some folks that frequent this Forum !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:20 am:

Sooo... all parts are available to add these wheels to a T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Yes, all but the wire wheels themselves BUT I believe Kevin is working on that also !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Royce,.....No Soup For YOU!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:32 am:

So all the parts are available, except the wire wheels. Awesome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:34 am:

If the neighborhood watchdogs bark at every little thing, how will the neighborhood recognize real trouble if it ever shows up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

I have Kevin's buffalo hub puller, very nice piece. I will be getting a set of hubs hopefully sooner than later. I know how much they cost because I asked.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

I met Kevin and his dad at Bakersfield last year and I can still remember what a great people they are. Kevins knowledge of wire wheels and genuine concern for making the safest Products impressed me. His products at any price speak for themselves. He most certainly does not deserve the negative comments of the uneducated few.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:23 am:

I have not made a single comment about the character of this person. I want to buy these parts and would like to know what they cost. I do not believe this is too much to ask .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Geez Royce, If you seriously wanted the parts you'd pick up the phone and ASK. If It were me selling the parts There would be a 10% sir charge for whiners.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Doing that. Check book in hand.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration