OT- Another "what is it?" Duplex spin gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Another "what is it?" Duplex spin gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 08:32 am:

all- I bought out a garage estate awhile back that was untouched since the 50s. This part was mounted onto the table. It just says "Duplex" and spins almost like a lathe. Big round thing is removable too. What the heck is it?

If it didn't have the big disk you could almost mistake it for a pencil sharpener!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Film winder?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:16 am:

It appears that it may have internal gears? Does the "big round thing" turn appreciably faster than the handle revolutions? I've seen old grinding wheels like that, a good heavy wheel, once up to speed, is easy to keep rotating as you grind. Also, if you Google Duplex Grinder, you'll see that was/is the business that they're in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

Brian,

Any girl could tell you it's a "Thingy".

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Does the crank handle move in and out.
It may have two speeds.

Be_Zero_Be

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration