OT - Who can back up a trailer like this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Who can back up a trailer like this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

This is too funny:

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/trailerghu4

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

VW faking it again..
Ok, fun idea :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

What a great video! That is just too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Now you know what I did on vacation…… :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

I love it!! It shares the same fame as all single axle trailers! Their jokes!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

https://youtu.be/SpwH9WeVEfU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 04:25 pm:

It must have taken a ton of practice, The guy in the car had his hands full. Going in reverse messes with the natural caster / camber of the steering. That said, Back in my Army days we would play with the 915's and a 40ft trailer and see how fast we could back them around a twisting course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 01:27 am:

This kind of humor - messing with peoples' minds, shaking up their
paradigm - is right up my alley. I would love to have had a hand in
this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 04:54 am:

A few years ago, Chevrolet advertised their four wheel drive/four wheel steer pickups on TV. They showed a pickup backing up a trailer in a circle, around and around. To me, it looked immediately like they just reversed the recording. No way could they back up a trailer that way, four wheel steering or not. JMHO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:19 am:

Since we're off topic about trailers, how many of you know about "trailer racing"? The object is to finish with some part of your trailer still attached to the hitch, and finish first of course! http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trailer+racing&qpvt=trailer+racing&view=deta il&mid=9CEE4AED1492B7E3D5489CEE4AED1492B7E3D548&FORM=VRDGAR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:44 am:

I hate backing trailers unless I really take my time. My dad tells me slow down and it's easier and he is right. I surely could be doing anything like the video at the top.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

OK. it's faked insofar as there's a driver in the trailer and possibly it's speeded up a bit too. Their not proving anything as far as a new back up system is concerned though. Unless their selling trailers with drivers in them. The absolutely best tip I ever got for backing up a trailer is to put one hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. The direction your hand swings (rt. or lft.) is the way the tail of the trailer is going to go. Totally amazing & K.I.S.S. to boot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

The trailer is really the front part of a Jetta placed backwards. The trailer is towing the car and the driver is in the trailer facing backwards. I think the rear door is transparent from the inside, complete fake...... Advertising something or other....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

I think the picture was taken driving forward. Then it was reversed to make it look as though they were backing up.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 02:02 am:

I didn't get to see the video (dial-up internet), but my Dad always amazed me; we have a family resort that used to rent overnight & short stay trailer spaces (still have them, but seldom used). Now the resort is a wooded area, but each space had a nice concrete pad to serve as a "front porch" for the trailer. Some space have a tree growing near the front of the parking area. My Dad could stand next to the driver's door, and talk the person (if he followed the directions)right into that space, with the trailer parallel to the patio and the tree just clearing the trailer's tongue!
Sadly, this ability was NOT inherited by me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:47 am:

I had a big eight foot wide sloped nose Hallmark and had to park it on a nine and a half foot wide curving driveway and then between the house and a seven foot high wall. I had a hitch welded to the front of our truck and it was very easy to push that trailer up the driveway with that rig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Good grief - a savvy director could have staged the scenes and reversed the film for a lot less money.

You can tell the car driver is either over-correcting or under-correcting the turns by all the squealing tires noise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

That's Bull Sh*t. About like their diesel cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Many years ago, I was making a living driving an oilfield truck, 40' pipe, derrick sections, all of the above with no trailer brakes and etc. I thought I was pretty good, till I saw an old boy in North Dakota backing a triple (tractor plus three (3) trailers). He came in off the highway and backed up to a loading dock at a feed store and never pulled up to correct, didn't think it was possible

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration