Rubber Valve Stems

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rubber Valve Stems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

I'm in the process of converting the tubes in my round felloe wheels to original metal stems. I just removed an old Firestone USA tire and tube from a spare wheel I have which took me all of 15 minutes. Here is the question: Why don't they sell tubes anymore with the correct size rubber valve stem? I've approached Coker, Universal, and Lucas about this problem, and although sympathetic, I've never gotten a straight answer. Here is the number from an old Wards tube I saved, and does fit. The Coker tube I removed from this tire, which is quite old also has the same size valve stem. It says Schrader 35 which at the base measures .540". The new stems they are currently using measure .600".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

I would guess lowest bidder and i'm sure there made to a price instead of a quality? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

I'd just like to have some decent replacement rubber stems and for some reason that stem isn't even available as a "patch" anymore. The trade name of the proper size rubber stem is TR135. These used to be available from the ag equipment dealers but the last time I saw them was ten or more years ago. Can't even get them on the net...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Coker advertises that all their 30 X 3 1/2 tubes have that stem Adam. Click here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coker-Tire-Tire-Tube-30-x-3-50-Natural-Rubber-Centered-T R135-Valve-Stem-Each-/391127878076?hash=item5b1109c9bc:g:KL8AAOSwPgxVP5CZ&vxp=mt r

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Had a friend give me a sack full of those rubber replacement stems.They have to be vulcanized on,so I took one to a truck shop.Cost me $20! You might as well by a new tube. I wish the tube people would wake up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Royce, You are correct, some new tubes ARE advertised as having a TR135 stems, however, what I've been looking for is a TR135 "replacement rubber stem". It is a TR135 stem on a 2" self vulcanizing "patch".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

I never thought of using a rubber stem much less replacing one. Why not just use old metal stems?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:04 am:

The point is why not do it correctly? I'm sick of these reproduction parts that don't work!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration