OT - Im looking for a long used 1/2 to 5/8 inch V belt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Im looking for a long used 1/2 to 5/8 inch V belt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

My original belt got lost somewhere between my place up north and here in Florida. I need a 1/2 to 5/8 inch V belt that is very long, like maybe 4 or 5 feet across. I use it to start my 3hp Farm Z Fairbanks Morse flywheel engine. What I do is put it between the engine and a modified edger. I have someone push in the intake valve in to get the flywheels going and then let the engine do the rest until she gets running on her own. I used to use an old gear reduced Briggs engine but that got sold in the auction. This old fairbanks Morse was my first engine back when I was just 13, Now it's my last engine. I'm thinking about taking it to the Florida Flywheelers show next month if I can get her running again. Iv heard a lot about that show and would like to go. If someone has an old used belt hanging in there barn they would be willing to let please let me know. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, January 29, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

I don't have a used one, but you might look for a mower deck belt at your local farm store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:33 am:

If you don't stumble over a used 1,go here.
I use these folks as a supplier for the belts i use in my lawnmower repairs and in maintaining my own machinery. Prompt shipping but shipping will cost.Usually 2 day delivery to.
Sounds like you need what is commonly referred to as a 5L120. laid out that is roughly 5 foot from 1 engine to the starting engine.

http://www.vbeltsupply.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=5l120

5LK1200 / 5L1200K Blue Kevlar V-Belt
5/8" Top Width X 120" Outside Circ. Kevler Reinforced Belt Learn More

Regular Price: $34.51

Special Price $22.95

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:37 am:

Also that 5/8ths is considered a B belt,here is 1 on ebay a tad shorter with free shipping. 108 inches
http://www.ebay.com/itm/B105-5L1080-vbelt-v-belt-5-8-x-108-OD-Kevlar-/3016659819 82?hash=item463cb1961e:g:xp4AAOxyUrZSwFIJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:12 am:

I keep a brand new $50 5/8 x 63 belt hanging in my barn. It's stringy, torn and tattered condition is a constant reminder not to engage the blade clutch when the engine is running fast on the ZTR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim B Boyer on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Will, You might try a combine dealer, (John Deere or international harvester). They use some long belts. A little pricy. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

There should be a V-belt dealer in your area or town. Mc-Master Carr, Grainger or a water cooling tower supply house has the type of belts your looking for.
AC cooling towers, exhaust fans, use all kind of different lengths of belts. The size you mentioned is fairly common and you should be able to find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

Will I should have one I will take a look as soon as I can very busy next few days thats a good idea starting it. we have a 3 horse z also, I hold the valve in spin it with the crank and pull the crank off before letting valve go my uncle had a gas engine start and the crank stuck on when it flew off it it broke a beam in the barn

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration