Centerdoor Sedan Height

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Centerdoor Sedan Height
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Amara on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 07:49 am:

I know this has been answered recently in a previous discussion, but no luck in searching earlier posts. What is the height of a centerdoor sedan? Any variation by model year? Thanks. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Joe,

My 1921 Centerdoor measures 82 inches tall with 30 X 3 1/2 tires inflated to 55 PSI. Sorry, I don't know about any variations.
Good Luck.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

My 1919 Centerdoor with 30x 3 1/2 tires measures 6 feet 6 inches = 78 inches to the highest point in the roof; with a little to spare. After I read Billís note I went out an remeasured. Still 78 inches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Amara on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Thank you, Chuck and Bill. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

Model Ts can vary a few inches in height regardless of body style due to wheel size, tire size, tire wear, spring condition (sag and arch), as well as the use of any sort of after-market shock absorbers. Runabouts and tourings can also vary due to proper (or improper) fitting of the top irons and bows.

It would be nice if we can put together a body style and year series ready-reference with a common maximum and minimum height. Beyond that, each car needs to be looked at independently for its exact height.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Amara on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Thanks for the response, Wayne. I figured things would vary based on the factors you mentioned. I'm somewhat surprised by 4 inches of variation, however. Maybe others will chime in with their centerdoor dimensions. Good advice to look at cars individually, though. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

When I imported my T to Spain the licensing documentation required technical data such as weight, height, width, wheelbase and track. I was amazed that the track (the distance between wheel centers) given to me from other T owners seemed to be different for every car. I figured there were only two - standard and wide track (56" and 60") but neither one actually appeared when taking measurements from a car.

The measurements taken from my car by the engineer were 57.9" front and 56.3" rear.

Go figure...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Amara on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

This is a coincidence, Eric. I am answering this from Madrid. I am from south of Boston, but currently in the middle of an Airline trip to your neck of the woods. Thank you for the info. Like so many other Model T characteristics, dimensions seem to vary widely. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Joe, are you coming to Barcelona? If so you should come by the house and see my project. I hope to have it out on the road by summer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Amara on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 01:52 am:

Heading back home today, Eric, but we do fly to Barcelona. I'll let you know next time I'm there. Thanks for the invitation. Looking forward to seeing your project. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 03:52 am:

OK, have a pleasant trip back. I look forward to meeting you soon. If it's not too soon, you'll be able to ride (or drive) my 27 Roadster! :D

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration