Anyone re-coring Brass Radiators here on the east coast?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anyone re-coring Brass Radiators here on the east coast?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:27 am:

Does anyone have a contact with a shop here in the east that will re-core a brass radiator? I'm hoping to find a shop near the Washington D.C. and surrounding mid-atlantic region.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Just had one re-cored here in the northwest and it cost me $900.
WAY more than I thought it would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Thanks John... I figure I am going to pay dearly for it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

I have a friend in northeast KS who has done several brass T and other makes (three K, one complete recore for under $1,000). I know some forum members have used him. He will receive and send by carrier. Let me know if you would like his contact info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Rob... please do! Thank you.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

It would seem money well spent to re-core rather than buy a "new" Brassworks radiator. Since the new owner has taken over it seems the quality and care has gone down hill.

A good friend ordered a radiator for an early Schaat. When received the core was smooshed due to poor packing plus the core was of very poor quality, needing a lot of rework. When he contacted Brass Works they told him not their problem, they had the money and he had his radiator.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 07:15 am:

I have a friend who's had both automotive and very early aircraft radiators worked on by Universal Carnegie in Pennsylvania, think they are outside of Pittsburgh. Their work has been excellent. I do not know about cost. http://ucvintagerad.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Thanks David...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Universal Carnigie 800-867-9554 If I remember right they are in PA They did a Packard radiator for me for what a T recore costs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration