20 (with 23 engine) or this 19? Need expert eyes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 20 (with 23 engine) or this 19? Need expert eyes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:05 am:

Okay, received the 1919 pics. The owner use to use it on tours thus the water pump and distributer. I don't know if the coils/mag wheel are still there but I asked.
There is a video of it starting and running nice, and the local club T chapter president said it runs like honey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:07 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Both have the same asking price. Still waiting to hear if the 1919 has a 1919 engine. I do want to revert back to coils though. Let say this one has matching engine number to year (it was rebuilt in the mid 80's) would you go for the 20 with the 23 engine or this one?
Now say that it has a later year (non matching) which one would you go for?
Thanks in advance for all comments (don't be afraid to tell it like you see it)

Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:19 am:

I like this one. Looks to be a nice 1919. Can you ask if it has a round or oval gas tank.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:20 am:

I really can't stand the poor upholstery job in this car. It would ruin it for me. But that's just me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:31 am:

The car has a water pump, which means the radiator is likely on its last legs. It does not have a Ruckstell. The distributor is another negative. The upholstery is installed improperly and looks weird.

The car in the previous thread is overall much nicer, and the Ruckstell is a huge plus:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/608778.html?1453951240

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:34 am:

The 20/23 is a much better car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:16 am:

That is a 22-23. Note the rear top support thru the sheet metal. Also note the steel firewall. Others am sure have spotted other details. Looks like a nice touring car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:00 am:

I agree with Warren. Good eyes there Warren!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Good eyes Warren! See that is why I post here! you guys are Sherlock Holmes when it comes to the Model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Decided to look at the higher resolution pictures (wish one could post higher than 250k on the site) anyway, I noticed that the rear of the car is a 3 panel not a 5 panel... so that's that... its not a 19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ED Henline on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:55 am:

I think this is a 1922 , the top rest are coming out the body side, first year I think. Ed Henline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

Looking closer, I noticed two more 1920s details. The horn button is the smooth type with no knurling and the hood latches are wide at the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

I can see the attraction of this car, looks nice and original except for the coils and water pump. However the other car with a mixture of different years body and engine with the Ruckstell and external brakes will be a better driver. If you want a show car, then this one will need the modern accessories removed and the upholstery changed. The 23 is a driver as it stands today, not saying it will not need some work but is my preference, I like driving....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration