Old Photo - Main Street, Pierre, South Dakota

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Main Street, Pierre, South Dakota
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Nice photo. Interesting that there are so many cars and so few people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Just like every tour they are all in the ice cream shop! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Probably a Sunday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Ask Noel, he might know why..... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Noel, have you seen this?

Back to the top.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

That's Noel by the lamp post ... pre-med of course!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 08:37 am:

This is before the flood of 1952 when this area was under over 4 feet of water. I'll try to get a pic up Main Street to compare, maybe all the people are in the stores shopping?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 09:13 am:

I looked for a street view, but didn't find any "Main Street". I suppose it has some other name. Maybe a new name?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 09:30 am:

I looked it up too. It's now called S.Pierre St. The shot is taken at the intersection of N and S Dakota Avenues. Bridge is still there as well as most of the original buildings. Amazing the clarity and depth of these old pictures. You would think that Google's cameras would be far better with today's technology!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration