Need help to determine value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need help to determine value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Hartzell on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

I am currently rebuilding an NH and have read the MTFCA Carb. book as well as a lot of the postings here. This particular carb. has throttle and choke plates that are different than I've read about anywhere for the NH.

Do I remove these by depressing one of the tabs and then sliding the plate out through the shaft? Are these the correct plates for the carb.? If so, what year were these used?

All of the replacement parts that I have found have two holes which require clip to hold it to the shaft(s)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

I think you have plates that were used in late 26-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Hartzell on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

carb pic

Sorry for the bogus post title. Something in my browser is overwriting with this each time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

And here I was thinking you were looking for quantitative "values" of the metals or
time involved or some other ethereal assessment like the square root of orange :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Hartzell on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Sorry to disappoint, but my question is quite simple. All I want to know is how to remove the dang plates.

The throttle shaft needs to be replaced (it has a nice cotter pin welded to it) and it looks like my only option is to get the '23-'26 era shaft and replace the plate with the style held in place with a separate clip.

When was the style in my carb used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

When I have one of these, I drive a thin blade screw driver into the shaft expanding it to clear the tab. Then I squeeze the shaft together to re use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

I don't care what year they are. The other type, with the wire clip, are easier to remove, so that's what I use. I suppose they changed to these because it made the assembly time two seconds shorter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

Two seconds shorter per car times one million cars is 555 assembly hours. At .65 per hour, that's $360.75. At least one model T for free. I'd have done it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Don't forget, it eliminated two staples per car. At 1 cent each that's some money too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration