Finally! I own a T!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Finally! I own a T!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

First let me thank everyone here that pointed out all those little things that only a true T enthusiast would know! Now I know, and hope to help others as you did with me.

So which one did I go for?

The 1920 with the 23 engine! Very excited! Its been over a decade since I wanted to own a T!

So what's the next step? Well, she is a ways away but first step will most likely be Texas where she will get a good once over with Ross Lilleker, once he opens her up we will know what we have to do. For sure, she will need a new radiator...

Well, that's it! Now to find an inclosed trailer to Texas...

Here is the link to the thread on my (cool) 1920 T:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/608778.html?1453951240

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Nice T, You will have loads of fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Congrats. I think you made the right choice and it was a smart move coming here first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Well done! You bought the best one of the ones you showed us, in my opinion.

Hope you have as much luck with the transport as you did with the purchase! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Welcome to world of Model T's! Nice looking car. Interesting too, my brother-in-law's last name is Blanchard. He and my sis live in Chandler AZ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Robert, Try contacting Freighter Jim, see if you can get on one of his routes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Tim where is your brother in law originally from? I have traced back the Blanchard name to Appleton Wisconsin, my grandfather was born there, Colonel Dean Blanchard passed away in 52 in Guam. but his dad (Thomas) and his dads brothers fought for the North with Merrels Horse regiment... but that is as far back as I have been able to go. I do know Thomas's sister married John Brown... yep, that John Brown. I think they were something like 8 brothers and sisters...

Anyway, I am very excited to finally own the car that put the world on wheels!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Wes, thanks, will try to contact him on Monday...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Robert,

Welcome aboard! And yes, having Ross or someone similar to inspect & help you correct issues is an excellent idea.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Robert, from the pictures you showed, you chose the one that I thought was the best deal, hands down. OH BOY!!! Now you're gonna have fun!
Are you certain the radiator is bad? If so, I guess it's off to Berg's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Looks like a great car. Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Looks good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Where is the car now? Texas is a long way from Florida, but not as far as it is from California. The car is the one I would have chosen from the two you showed us. Here are before and after pictures of one I bought about 20 years ago. You don't need to do any near as much as I did to get a good car!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Looks great Robert, congrats! Prepare yourself for endless enjoyable hours of tinkering, ogling, and of course...rambling right along. Best of luck with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:18 am:

Good for you. Now all you have do is brush up on your Model T knowledge, when people in the parking lots asked you all about it. Enjoy it, and have fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 06:37 am:

It looks and sounds like really good times. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 06:43 am:

Good looking car. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 06:50 am:

Well, if the "slap in one cylinder" is so noticeable the seller told about it, then it sounds like you'll have some fun going through it mechanically before driving it much..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Robert, to the best of my knowledge his family was/is from Florida. His dad died two years ago. And again, glad to hear about your great find! Now get ready for at least one more!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Be careful, if you get two of them and put them in the garage together they will mate and multiply. At least that's what I told Mary when at one time we had four of them. We are now down to just two but our son Bill has three and counting.

t's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Guess who arrived in sunny South Florida today!

My two eldest (Not is school cause they are sick... although I think they tricked mom and dad) in their 1920 T!

Thanks to freighter Jim for bring her across the country safe and sound! A great guy!

And now the fun begins... first up on the agenda... Registering and bolt on antique plates.

Next: Learn how to drive a T and become proficient at it!

Then take the kids to school!

And in her new A/C'd home.

(Message edited by Stork on February 24, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Looks really nice! Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

You need to add a newsboy cap and a boater's straw hat to your collection to coordinate with the Model T: :-)

cap1 cap2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

I have my bowler... but I keep that hat in the house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

Robert,

You beat me with pictures of your boys !

I just had lunch with my nephew who lives about 4 miles from you - he has no classes tomorrow so we are going to do some sight seeing.

I got your message & I would definitely like a print copy of your book .... :-)

I will call you

Thank you again for trusting me to haul your T !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

40 years ago (I was 15) I toured an old car museum in S.D. ... Wall Drug was nearby ???

It was just rows of cars parked in very light buildings with some signage in front detailing
what each one was. If memory serves, ALL were 1930-ish and older (or maybe those were
the only ones I cared to look at ?) .... but I was taken by how many had names I had never
heard of, and all the intricate bracketry that held them together, ... light stands, fender braces,
windshield adjusters. I always had an interest in these cars since my earliest years, but this
was the first real up-close-and-educational chance I had at so many.

That faded away and soon I had a big finned 50's convertible and got distracted with those
as my old car stim. It was flying over AFG and accepting a certain sense of my own mortality
that I found the resolution to ditch a bunch of my "black hole" projects and commit to getting
a 20's vehicle. The T was my second choice, behind a period-built truck, made from a large
car like a Packard or Hudson, but the lack of finding one (or parts) led me to the practicality
of the T, .... or in my case, a TT.

I only wish I had done it 30 years ago !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 05:09 am:

I have an image to add ...

I liked it so much - it is my new profile image .... :-)

To see the reaction of a new owner about a Model T is the best thing about what I do.

Thank You Robert !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

http://www.pioneerautoshow.com
Burger sounds like you stopped at Murdo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Sunday, February 28, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

Robert congratulations!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration