Model TT axle sleeves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model TT axle sleeves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis McCoy on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Does anyone make the TT axle sleeves with the hole and dimple in them? Like the car sleeves have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Nope

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis McCoy on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 08:03 am:

I suppose if I don't make a 'bump' in it, it has the chance of spinning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 08:40 am:

I would think so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:00 am:

Dan Hatch had some NOS ones a while back; maybe he still does. Seems that he had only one side though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:40 am:

Hi Dennis,
The hole you can drill. As for the bump, a drop or two of weld will work. Good luck with your project. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:44 am:

I did as Bill says above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis McCoy on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Yup, worked fine. Drilled the hole and small weld. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

also they do come up on ebay on occasion. I just got one, was skeptical until I got it, sure enough brand new never used :-). Much to my surprise, I have been able to come up with all for the rear bearings and sleeve's nos. Took about 3 years :-) and I think I well just keep em and not use em, as I have good used ones in the TT. The sleeve cost me 29 buck and no one else had even bid on it. I have new sleeves in the truck which I drilled the hole and welded a dot as above, good luck

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration