OT ..sorta. did nobody got to Turlock swap meet?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT ..sorta. did nobody got to Turlock swap meet?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

I have read nothing about Turlock yesterday and today.
Did anybody go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Not enough Model T or early auto stuff to make a 210 mile round trip worth while. It's been that way for a while now. To bad because it used to be a good show for Model T stuff years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Used to be a favorite many years ago...not any more for T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

I got a nh carb ive need for a while. A speedster seat and a 29 front bumper in great shape for 30 dollars. Also a 4 blade fan for my coupe. Got to visit with my buddies and they also found a few things. We seam to have most everything we need but its great to get out, yak with friends and pick up a few goodies. I will be back next year also. Have only missed one in 25 years. Scott ps the weather was great. Cloud cover on and off but no rain or dust

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 02:25 am:

Waiting 2-3 hours to get from freeway to parking area, after a three -hour drive, $10 entry fee (each, so that's $20); it's just not worth it anymore to me.
Now if they would FINALLY figure out a rational traffic control for the crowd, might be different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I agree with Jay and John above. I have to drive from L.A. on Friday and stay in Merced to be out of the way of all the madness, rent a motel room, and look at late model non T parts all day. Not worth it anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

David, Go to the next off ramp north, and its a breeze to get into the parking lot. It took me about 6-7 minutes from the freeway to inside the parking lot. But I do go around 6:00 am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

I talk about many years ago...about 35...when we would be sellers, pitch a tent on our space and weather the cold, wet tule fog and train noise. Lots of good stuff then. Went every January since until the past few years....parking big problem and as been said, not enough T stuff. Just love Bakersfield and Auburn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Scott, we were there at 6 am & the off-ramp was backed up to the freeway!. Sometimes I've gone to the next ramp, and parked on the street in the neighborhood south of the fairgrounds. Still, I don't understand why the CHP hasn't required them to provide better traffic control. While we were waiting in the right hand lane to turn right, folks were zooming past us in the left-hand lane, then turning right at the street & no one was stopping them, but they were stopping us.
Almost like coming home last night; our street is a left-hand turn in the first 1/4 of a long straight-away. Guy behind me in the curves is wanting to go 65, and as we get to the straight, there is one on-coming car. I put on my left turn signal, the oncoming car passes, and then this fool pulls out and passes me, just as I'm starting to turn--well, I was watching him, so no accident--BUT!! Not to wish someone ill, but I hope he ends up in a ditch without hurting anyone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

We were there again this year, our 40th in a row. Agreed, not too much T stuff but we talked with a lot of T guys and sold some stuff too. Picked up a pair of 12 rivet clamshell rear end housings, 1911-12 I think. Will be for sale at Bakersfield. You could have driven a brass 15 speedster out of there for $6500. Probably still for sale. Things were there, you just had to walk around a bit and look.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration