Global Warming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Global Warming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Gentlemen,
I came across this the other day. Its a new thought on global warming.

. . .Read thru to the end!!
The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate, at Bergen , Norway

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.
I must apologize: I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago.

This must have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

The climate Waco birds surely do not want to hear about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Maybe Gore is a slow reader. scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Wasn't this article from a 1922 newspaper? I seem to recollect it posted previously on the Forum. "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Duh! - Didn't follow instructions and 'read thru the end'...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

It's pretty widely known that earth's temperature has been rising over the past ten thousand years. Most scientists agree with that but what they don't/can't explain is why the rest of the planets in our system are also rising in temperature. Apparently, only earth's rise is caused by humans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

It is ALL Henry Ford's fault!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 11:44 am:

In 1948 my sixth grade teacher said we were about to go into another "ice age". The following January we had a foot of snow which lasted 3 days in Los Angeles! Needless to say, I believed what my teacher had said. That was the last time I have seen that much snow near sea level in southern California.

Every year is different, and the earth's temperature seems to go in cycles, so I don't do a lot of worrying about "man made climate change" By the way sometime in the 1800's there was a year they nicknamed "1800 and froze to death". They say it snowed in the east in July that year.

Some of the climate change is caused by the earth's orbit around the sun. The farthest and nearest point alternate from year to year at different seasons. Some change is due to volcanic eruptions. And other due to changes in sunspot activity.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Seems like the last time this one was posted, the thread got deleted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

JUST TO EASY YOUR WORRIES, Ten years ago Jan 27th, 2016 Al gore said the earth would be burning up if we did not change our ways. Al gore " We have ten years left before the earth cooks". I don't know where your live, but its cold here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

http://principia-scientific.org/satellite-data-proves-changes-in-sun-caused-rece nt-global-warming-not-humans/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Proof

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration