Photo - Another Tractor For Chad From Minnesota

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Photo - Another Tractor For Chad From Minnesota
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I wish I knew more about this nice tractor. It is now on Tbay and can be viewed up close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Lance, your killing me, I can't find it.

Do you have the link?

That is FANTASTIC!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A21-MINNESOTA-Mn-Real-Photo-RPPC-Postcard-c1930-CROOKSTO N-Espe-MODEL-T-Tractor-/301861343049?hash=item4648568f49:g:MywAAOSwa-dWrVg0

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Thanks Mark. It just goes to show what I have always said that I am a bad internet searcher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Chad, I was off researching the builder A.O. Espe. It was designed as a sugar beet cultivator. You can find quite a bit about him by googleing his name. Glad you liked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Only a picture...

DANG ! !

What a neat piece of machinery!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim york, Boise Id. on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

Great picture, it is interesting in that it seems to have faster drive pinions than the tractor conversions. The tractor conversions seem to have 5 or 6 roller pinions where this one looks to have an 8 roller pinion which will make it a little faster with less power. Tracford made an accessory high speed pinion for there tractor conversions that had 8 rollers. It is interesting in that the rear wheels seem to be narrow and no grozers or cleats. Thanks for posting this picture. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

I wonder if those tractors were hard on the low speed band?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

I am guessing the no cleats on the rear wheels is due to it being on a road surface. If you have never been on such a beast with on it, it is a VERY rough drive. I drove Zac's Sickle mower on grass and across a 12 ft paved driveway and it was harsh to say the least. I am sure Ron and others here that have such machines can attest to that.

Will, I can tell you that at least in my case it I have adjusted the low band a few times in the short amount of distance I have driven it. I almost wish I had a second auxiliary trans to gear it down even more (Ford trans, Aux trans, Aux trans, TT rear end) then I would not have to use the low pedal so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim york, Boise Id. on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 12:19 am:

The rear wheels look to only have holes in the middle of the wheel where as on the wider wheels that I have seen will have a row of holes around the inside and outside of the wheel. The holes are not across from each other but are offset so the grosers are at an angle. The ring gear apears to be one piece. Fon De Lac and TracFord both used 9 segments for their ring gear. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 06:21 am:

Jim, I meant to add that in my post too that I noticed only holes in the center, leading me to believe that they were for cleats only. I agree that on the wider wheels there would be grouser bars, these wheels are so it seems just to narrow for that.

I also hoped they remember to retard the spark before restarting that one. That could really hurt.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration