Look what followed me home- Revised

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Look what followed me home- Revised
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

I was happy to start this thread last year:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/588027.html?1450748143

You might remember it.
Well today I went to the local engine club meeting and my 93 year old uncle Charlie Bethmann was there. It is his dad's name on the truck doors.
I told him I had the truck. He acted a little surprised. I guess he thought it was gone for good.
So we got to sit and talk a bit about it. For being 93 he can remember a lot.
I knew that his dad had gotten the truck used and thought it had come from Charlie's dad's brother. He said no. It had come from Hubert Iffrig my dads uncle! And that means that it was about a third of a mile up the road I live on when grandpa got it in 1948!
So now today I found out that both sides of my family owned the truck at one time!
I'm glad I decided to get it when it was for sale.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

Too Cool My Friend!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 01:20 am:

Oh, yeah! Jay said it perfect. That is just TOO cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 01:34 am:

Herb, that is amazing! Just think of all of the things that could have happened over the years that would have changed the outcome forever. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Herb, Maybe you can find a copy of the original title when the other Herb Iffrig owned it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Thomas finding the title would be a long shot.
My great uncle Hubert died a long time ago.
He had a son named Hubert too that died in WWII.
I don't think there are any heirs left.
The people who live in that farm house now have been there over fifty years. Maybe I should ask tho if there is a box of stuff in the attic.
Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration