Bub Body Corporation Ford Coupe Body?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bub Body Corporation Ford Coupe Body?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

On TheOldMotor.com today I have this photo posted of a car that is equipped with Clarence Sherman Johnston’s "Johnston Disc Wheel – Quickest Demountable Rim On Earth."

Two readers have commented that they believe it is a Ford with a Bub body. I have searched high and low looking for a Bub advertisement with a picture of this body, but have not been able to find one. I did find a snippet of a description of one in a "Motor" magazine dated 1922.

Thanks to anyone, who can help out with this mystery and post a good copy of a photo or ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Is this the add ???

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/b/bub/bub.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, February 01, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

This Bub was sold on eBay a few years ago.

And earlier link on these Bub bodies

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/401283.html?1384448212

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 02:17 am:

Wow, that is one ugly body! JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:02 am:

It looks like it's made out of flat sheets of plywood. Hideous! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Rodell, Jr. on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:23 am:

I would love to find a Bub sport cab or a Bub speedster (car or body) because of the significance to the local history where I live.
The former Bub factory building was the main exhibit building for the Washington County Fair when I was a youngster in 4-H, and a highway department building the rest of the year. It was torn down a couple years ago.
If anyone knows what happened to the Bub from Minnesota pictured above ( I wasn't watching ebay when it was sold) or if anyone else knows of a Bub out there that might be available, please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Jim, I hope you find a Bub. It would be great to see a real one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration