1913 Touring Windshield Glass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1913 Touring Windshield Glass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Naab on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 02:19 am:

Looking for someone in Kansas to install a new glass. Can't find anyone local to do the job

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 08:47 am:

Lewis Street Glass is the go-to place in Wichita. They did a 1914 windshield for me some time back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 08:56 am:

It's not a difficult job to do if you're able to use basic tools. I did my 13 and my 15 and both were very easy to do... just a matter of being careful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:46 am:

The new glass is thicker, so that makes it more difficult to install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Be sure the glass company understand that this needs to be done using the brass channel, and the glass must fit properly or it will crack. Too often I see glass installed with some kind of glue by clueless glass companies.

Like the others have said, this is super easy. I always do this myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

Since the new glass is thicker, how do you get it to go into the original nickel plated brass channeling?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

The glass channel is not nickel plated in 1913. 1/4" safety glass fits fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

10-4 Royce, thanks, I was thinking of a later mid twenties channel, anyway what is the thickness of the original glass?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration