OStan I think you have been hacked

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OStan I think you have been hacked
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 02:33 am:

Just got email from an account ending in;
michael*mclaughlin*studios with your name as the sender. Looks like it went to a bunch of other people too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I've been getting them from several different people this morning, too. I don't know that there is anything I can do about it but thanks for letting me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 11:45 am:

The best solution is to change your password. These days it is best to have at least one capital letter, at least one number and at least one symbol.
Something like Howe+Stan*246
While not infallible, it helps reduce folks hacking your email account.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

OH GREAT...Tony has posted Stan's new password for everyone to see...now he will get all kinds of junk mail! :-) :-) :-)

Tony is correct I had to replace my password a while back because someone hacked it and I was receiving 2000 messages an hour! It was recommended that I mix in numbers and capital letters and now I don't have as many issues...(with mail that is)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

from PC magazine

"To create a strong password, you should use a string of text that mixes numbers and letters that are both lowercase and uppercase, and special characters and is at least ten characters or more long"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Well, Jay, if I make such a strong password then I won't be able to remember it without writing it down - and then a lot of the security is lost :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

I just wasted half an hour trying to change it, went back to the old one and it worked. I'm sorry for any problems anybody has if you are getting messages attached to my name but I have no more time to fool with this today. I've gone through the process at least a dozen times trying to get it to update it and I can't get it to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

I have about ten websites for various interests and about 50 email/bank/business/social media accounts and all of them work when I change them. There must be some protocol here that I am missing. I didn't really have anything to say anyway.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration