I am looking for some help by shipping parts.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I am looking for some help by shipping parts.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 06:29 am:

Hello All,

I am willing to buy this on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391376149975?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But the seller is only willing to ship it to the USA and Canada.
Is there someone out there who I can make the seller ship it to and is willing to ship it to me.

Thanks
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 07:31 am:

Maybe you can try www.reship.com ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Many sellers won't ship to an unverified address. I know I wouldn't when I was selling. The seller is responsible for delivery. Third party address are not verifiable. You might get someone to buy it then send it to you but it's an auction. Anything could happen and the buyer could be left holding a part if you back-out of the price it hit. My dad always said; "Never bet more than you can afford to loose". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:20 am:

Sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:22 am:

Andre,

That item is mine. Since it's for a fellow forum member and for a fellow Belgian, I'll ship it to you in Belgium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:23 am:

A lot of eBay sellers (I am one) will not ship overseas after being burned by a buyer who disputed the item as not being received and getting all their money back from Paypal.
International shipments do not provide the electronic signature that Paypal requires for proof of delivery.
Also, your terminology about making the seller doing something is a little strong. You can't make the sller do anything he doesn't want to do.

Thre are many freight forwarders and freight consolidators who will receive the itme an ship it to you. Wither or ot the eBay seller wants to deal with them is up to him.
Customs forms, duty taxes, import fees, VAT, etc. put a lot of requirements on the seller that he obviousely doesn't want to have to go through.
Also, and this is probably NOT the case, but in my other hobby of WWII military vehicles, there is a strong demand from other countries and it is driving up the prices, but taking the vehicles out of the US and some sellers want the vehicles to stay in the US regardless of the price. I don't know if this is happening in the T world or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:27 am:

erhaps a better way to skin this cat is to find someone who will actually buy the item on your behalf and then ship the item to you will full payment for the item, shipping and all fees.
That way the seller ships to a verified buyer on eBay and Paypal and the "middle man" is the one who is taking the risk of getting the item and forwarding it on to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Robert,

I think that's what he was looking to do. Anyway not needed, as I stated above, I'll ship to him for the reasons stated. But yes, the foreign paperwork is a pain in the neck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Way to go Jerry, you're the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Thanks for all the help you all are offering.
Jerry just send me a message as it is for a forum member he will ship to me if I am the winning bidder. Thanks Jerry

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 11:51 am:

You bet Andre. Goed geluk. Wish I could say more but mijn Vlaamse zijn niet zo goed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Jerry VanO. Thank you for helping our Belgian Friend !!!
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Lane on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

I ship my parts to New Zealand via our NZ Postal service situated in California USA.
I went online to our postal service and set up a California address where my parts are shipped to that address with a 5 digit number in place of my name. The CA Postal service simply redirect it to my NZ address. There are a few vendors who are a wee bit suspicious of a number instead of the name. But a simple explanation is all good. It's also cheaper. Great service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

David that's a great tip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

Ebay has a global shipping Programe the seller
Ships to a stateside address down side is seller has no control or responsibility once it arrives at ebay center

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration