HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Spring is coming! At least, thatís what Punxsutawney Phil says.

The groundhog did not see his shadow as he emerged from his burrow in western Pennsylvania at sunrise on Tuesday, thus indicating springlike conditions sooner rather than later. A sure sign of Gobal..............no I won't go there! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Jay -- Unfortunately you neglected to list this as OT -
This means that some people will be upset that they read something that has nothing to do with a Model T.
They might even be so upset that they will quit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

You right Fred. I already had this guy PM me and bitch about it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Okay by me. Love those cute little rodents. Also known as a Whistlepig! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Those groundhogs aren't so cute when you hit one of there holes and break a $20,000 haybine shaft! OR get whiplash when you hit one on your $60,000 dollar tractor. That's why I like the $0.50 solution my 30.06 has! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

We will have Soybeans this year and i hope the .17 Henry golden boy is up to the job? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Dennis, those rodents are small and the holes they dig are small. If you damage the equipment you talked about, there must be a lot I do not know about this rodent.
Oh, I am sorry, I should not respond to this post as it is an OT and it was not listed as such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

In 1978 we were trashing my first crop of wheat with a JD#55 combine and the left drive tire of the combine dropped in a woodchuck hole and we almost did a 180 turn!!!!!!!!!!!! The hole was hidden in the wheat and we were very lucky we did no damage other to our shorts!!! Cabin fever also hit's Texas?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Ground Hog was right.

Today: 20 degrees, 40 mph winds, and 6 inches of snow.

Guess it could be worse?

Happy Groundhog Day !!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Willie,

I'm not talking about some little gopher or prairie dog. The holes the groundhog make are large enough for a tire to drop into causing the cutting bar and rake teeth to hit the dirt mound surrounding the hole and fracture cutting bars as well as bend axles and shafts. They dig more then one hole per burrow so just when you think you missed one you hit the second one and jar your teeth! The stones they dig up sure don't help the crimping rollers. Baby fawns don't help field production either, they tend to jam in the crimping rollers and you have to stop to cut the little bas#@ds out. That's why I always carry a sharp pocket knife.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration