Not my cup of T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Not my cup of T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:06 am:

I have always believed and still say "to each his own", but this is not my cup of T.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fordmodelt/?multi_permalinks=10156425641980548&n otif_t=group_highlights

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:34 am:

Well I think it's great John W. Shultz shows his tricks and how he tries to improve his T. Thanks for pointing it out. :-)

Interesting idea to grind a big enough hole in the triple gears to fit 6203 ball bearings, two in every triple gear. Might just try it someday - it's unlikely I will ever afford Dan McEachern's needle bearing version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Shucks - not being a Facebook fan, and not wanting to sign up, I can't see the story.

Anyone have a way of posting the link sans Facebook?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

John Stoltz makes alot of parts for our cars that are sold through our vendors. He is very talented and creative. Many of his products are so good some purists even accept them! It is great that people in this hobby can find inspiration to tinker. Some great things come from people who tinker :-) Didnt Mr Ford tinker?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Dave, hope this helps, good to see you at Monday's meeting:
Model T engine modified 1995 I sent the short block, 4 T rods , 4 Model A rods, Model A crankshaft, to my friend Elmer Layne in KC Mo. He fitted crank, rods Model A on the bottom, Model T at top welded them togather, Cam shaft racing 3/4 Model A (ENGLE CAM from the 1930's) I bought from Royce Peterson Sr. around 1985 $15. To fit Mode T block, cut weld T drive to ENGLE cam machined cam to fit T just like in a Model A engine.
Triple gears Just bored each gear for two 6203 ball bearings also fit flywheel pins to fit ball bearings. Ing. is my Direct Digital #1013 see website modeltranch.com.A Model T that can burn rubber on the blacktop and run 60+ on the freeway. I know you all think I'm crazy but who isnt at 78.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Thanks.
Sounds Interesting...hope that it works as you wish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

What's not to like about it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

Nothing, if you like hot rods. Like I said "I have always believed and still say "to each his own", but this is not my cup of T'. I like my Ts to remain as close to original as possibly. However that dose not mean that I do not believe in adding systems that will make them more reliable or safer.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:40 am:

As they said about political posts, if you don't like it then move on.

Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration