The way we were

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The way we were
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Parade Day 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

I think your date is off by 10 years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 05:09 pm:

My mother was born in 1924. She lived in a ranch house (until moving in 1946 when she was 22) that had no electricity, telephone or running water. Regular chores included cleaning kerosene lamp chimneys , chopping fire wood, and heating bath water on a wood stove. An outhouse was the only "facility". Most food was raised on the place, both vegetable and animal.. The orchard and vineyard were worked with a team of mules. To stay on topic, during those years my grandfather drove Model Ts and no other type of car.

It may be "the way we were", but I'm not so sure I'd like to go back to that time. Life was a LOT of WORK. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Great Photo! Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Notice the coke sign on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

You're right about that Henry! With all that talk on the forum months ago about "surviving an EMP" this is just how life would be. Which is why very FEW would survive! We've gotten so soft with all our taken-for-granted amenities. This must still be in the 'teens, as there's too many horse & buggies there yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

How would you like to walk the whole parade in front of everyone wearing a dunce cap? Look behind the first group of girls on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

He's the Wizard, not the dunce!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

That's a fine line Val. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Must be the first day of school and the bus drivers are all on strike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

At first I thought Grand Wizard of KKK, then dunce, then maybe clown. No matter which, do you think that feller's mom was prouder of her sewing ability or creative choices. Maybe he came home and said "I want to go as president Lincoln" and mom says I can do way better, and the hat will be easier to make".

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

I grew up in eastern europe in my grandfathers house in a small town that was built at the turn of the century. There was no electricity most of the time even though it was installed into the house right after I was born, all the cooking was on a wood stove and heating was with wood and sometimes coal. I chopped a lot of wood, ground a lot of corn for the chickens and pigs and hauled a lot of water from the well down the street for washing, cooking and for the horses. We had to take our own bedpans out to the outhouse every morning, rain, shine or three feet snow. I loved to ride in my grandfathers horsedrawn buggy and maybe that is why I love the brass model T's so much, since it reminds me of my youth. Happy motoring!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration