Downtown Houston then and now.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Downtown Houston then and now.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Charles, How come the picture of the two buildings appear to be the same and the title is then and now? It appears that the four pictures were taken at the same two locations, and there appears to be no difference in time periods.
The color picture appears to be the building on the northwest corner of Studewood and White Oak in the Houston Heights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Terry...I think it may be the view they took the picture from. Looking from the roof line. Yes you correct it is in Houston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:11 am:

The two buildings look quite similar. The old one appears to be a church or meeting hall. The newer picture appears to be an apartment house. I don't think they are the same building, but are quite similar roof lines.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:21 am:

I don't know about the two buildings being the same, other than they are posted, twice on this thread, but the color picture is of a building, still standing in the Houston Heights area at the northwest corner of Studewood Street and White Oak street. Notice the sign 'Fitzgerald's on the side of it. It is still Fitzgerald's, today.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration