Advertising at its best

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Advertising at its best
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

Talk About advertising

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

They must be getting ready to go to a parade or a show. The wheels have ribbon on them and the cab has a display on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Very cool photo! Note that in addition to just being a great period photo, it adds a new dimension to an ongoing debate on this forum. The "black is the only correct color for Model T wheels" crowd and their nemesis, the "I like a natural wood finish on my spokes" bunch can now add to the discussion spokes of alternating colors. The photo clearly demonstrates alternating colored spokes would be a period correct color scheme. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

I have seen photos of speedsters and other cars with spokes painted alternating colors. Yes, it was done. The fact is I have seen the evidence that wheel wood was occasionally stripped and varnished even in the brass era. I may be a "near purist", but I have argued both sides of that fence for a long time.
Great photo!
Thanks Charles H!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 02:16 am:

To my logic, a purist strives for FACTORY original "correct". "Period correct" is a whole different enchilada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Burger, you of course are absolutely right. And I usually strive for something close to what I call "era correct".
Drive carefully, and enjoy that TRUCK! W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration