OT; Which vendors have PayPal facilities?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT; Which vendors have PayPal facilities?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Far South Coast. NSW. OZ on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

Hi,
I woke this morning to find that for the 3rd time in 12 months our credit card account has been compromised.
The cards have been cancelled and new cards are on their way.
Some crowd in Pretoria, South Africa, using Ethiopia Airlines as a front, did the ripping off, this time.
These grubs are getting the info from a weak link somewhere and obviously I'm trying my hardest to find the insecure business.
Apart from PayPal, Amazon and seven different business's here in Australia that my wife and I have direct debit's with, I have accounts set up with 2 vendors in the UK and 2 in the USofA that have my Credit Card details.
I will, in future, be making all my payments through PayPal and not directly from my Credit Card, so....
I've just had a quick look at the US vendors sites and found that only John Regans Fun Projects have a PayPal facility at check out.
Do any of you know which other vendors have PayPal facilities?
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Rob,
Lang is offering Paypal for the Ebay parts, maybe they are willing to use it for the new parts.

Some time ago I paid Texas T parts with paypal but I don't know if the new owners are doing it.

Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Rob, I have used pay pal with Langs several times. Just call them with your order and they will give you the total and pay pal address. Then as soon as they receive the pay pal payment they ship. I always do the order and as soon as I hang up, send the pay pal payment, and orders usually ship that same day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

I only use Pay Pal or Master Card for on line purchases. Someone just tried to get info on my Pay Pal account but it was so poor an attempt I just sent it to Pay Pal. A couple months ago someone got my credit card info and made some wild charges. Master Card identified the charges as not my kind of purchasing and contacted me. They blocked the charges, credited my account for the bogus charges and issued me a new card. Later they followed up making sure everything was resolved to my satisfaction. Can't beat that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Hello: For what is worth I made a large purchase from Glen Chaffin and my card company called to verify the charge. This was Discover card.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Far South Coast. NSW. OZ on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 01:12 am:

Andre and Donnie, Thank You.

Gary, I've been down the exact same path 3 times now inside 12 months.

Bill, Yes, about 15 months ago when I bought everything to build my Speedster's engine from Chaffins, my bank called me to verify them too.

I'm pleased the banking world is largely on top of all this, but it just makes me sad when I think that there's heaps of baddies out there trying their hardest to find a new way to rip off all of us. BASTARDS. But none of this is new, eh?
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Far South Coast. NSW. OZ on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

I emailed some of them and asked if they have PayPal facilities.
Lang's, Yes.(with a bit of wrangling)
Bob's, Yes.
Fun projects, Yes.
Mac's, Yes.
Chaffin's, No.
Snyder's, No.
Texas T (Birdhaven), No answer.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Far South Coast. NSW. OZ on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Texas T Parts (Birdhaven), NO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

I started with paypal more than 10 years ago and they are a very security minded company. Way more than the average. The fact is that if you pay with your credit card enough times one of those people will either our right steal your info or just be careless enough with your info to allow someone near them to steal it from them. The neat thing about paypal is that when you purchase something and use paypal the vendor never has your credit card numbers ever. For all of the purchases you guys have made at my web site, I have NONE of your credit card info so I can't lose it by never having had it in the first place. They also process ALL credit cards and Fun Projects site can take your order and you can pay by credit card but you will be connected to paypal when you do that even if you don't join paypal since they also work for us to process all charge plates OR paypal direct payments. You DO NOT have to join paypal to use your credit card at Fun Projects site but I STILL will not have your credit card info after the sale since paypal is the processing center. It just adds a whole extra layer of protection for your credit card since only paypal has that info if you do want the charge to go to your credit card company rather than from paypal funds. Their rates for credit card sales for small business is the best one can hope to get and there are no minimum sales charge amounts or monthly service fees or any crap like that. I pay a simple fee per sale and that is all It is less than half of the typical "merchant services" fees that other credit card processing companies charge. I get sales calls all the time from companies telling me how much they can save me on credit card processing. I reply that I am using paypal - they don't try to sell me and quickly hang up. They don't even try to compete. That will probably change someday when paypal gets sold to a company that will then "cash in" and raise all the prices and the party will be over and I will be back on the street looking for a better "new deal". Good deals don't last as sooner or later somebody gets greedy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration