1915 Tool Kit Pliers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1915 Tool Kit Pliers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

Are the pliers that came with 1915 Model T's marked with the Ford Script? Can someone post a photo that would show what the pliers looks like?

Thank you,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Here is older post on tools

The 1915 pliers is shown at post Nov 28 12:55pm.

Hope that helps

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/249390.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Dan -- The post you cited shows a pic of some pliers which I posted. I now don't believe those are correct for '15. If you read on down in that thread, some others note that pliers like that were used later, in the 30's and 40's, on English Fords and were made by an English company. Your post of Nov. 29, 4:23 p.m. shows the Parts Book picture, which looks more like the shape we're used to seeing. It has the more rounded jaws, short screwdriver tip, and no script. The screwdriver tip should be about 3/8" long, whereas later ones were about 7/8". I think those are the correct ones for '15 (and earlier).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 10:12 am:

The Ford drawings and releases do contain some information about the pliers. The drawing dated 7-22-13 shows what I would call the "standard" jaws configuration, i.e. closely resembling modern style plier jaws, and the screwdriver tip. Very shortly thereafter, another style of pliers appeared in the drawings; this is the style with the larger, "lobster claw" jaws and is designated "T-1903-A1". The more standard-looking version was then designated "T-1903-A2". The "lobster claw" style was for years deemed to be "the brass era" style. It was, but so was the so-called later style. All drawings, incidentally, show the screwdriver tip on both styles.

One other point: None of the pliers drawings show the pivot pin retained by a nut. The pin is always shown peened over for retention.

Here is the T-1903-A1, the "lobster claw" style:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Did the drawings specify that the Ford script appear on the pliers? Is the 7-22-13 drawing the oldest that has survived? Did the pliers have the Ford script for the early years of 1909-12 or are those drawings lost?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration