Brass spark and gas levers from vendors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brass spark and gas levers from vendors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Do the spark and gas levers the vendors sell come with the holes drilled for the pins for the springs and levers? Do they look like the originals? I'm sure somebody has bought brass rod and made them, wonder how hard that would be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

The 1915 style set that I got is very disappointing. Shape is all wrong. No holes drilled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Gall on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Royce, I always wondered if solid brass would even be strong enough. Did you end up using them? Any comment on the strength issue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 09:51 am:

I still have them. Would sell cheap. I think they are probably strong enough for the job, and might make the teeth last longer on the spark / gas quadrant.

I used a set on a '14 column that I rebuilt and sold before I used it to someone else on this forum several years ago. The reproductions that I got back then were pretty good looking, but still NQR:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration