OT - Horseless Carriage Project (Week 7)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Horseless Carriage Project (Week 7)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

For those of you that may be following along, I completed the folding top on the Horseless Carriage model. Still have lots of details to add like lights, but wanted to share today's progress. Have a good evening. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

At first glance I thought it was a real, full size car!!!
You do great work. Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Mike, I am very pleased to see the finished product. Excellent choice in top materials. It prompted me to search out my feeble attempt to build a 1/12th scale Model S 40 some years ago. I lost interest when I got to the body and top for lack of perseverance in finding better materials. It was good practice for other things but not as fulfilling as what you have accomplished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

I should add, the S project was inspired by the VF article which showcased a Model S and the reproduction NRS parts book. Keep up the good work Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Rich,

Just make a little model garage and put all the parts of the Model S in it and it will be just like most of our garages with half finished cars in it. You could also have a person under it like he is working on it. Then you just put it on your shelf an call it a finished project :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Funny you should say that Dennis. I did build a little garage but haven't finished it either. It is 1/8th scale so the S is too small for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Wow! Thanks for sharing guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Criminy!
Look at that detail! Both of you!
Wow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Owen on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

Great job Mike. That Sears really looks good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Thanks Mitch.

Richard - Your work is fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration