Spindles ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spindles ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

I made a mistake asked this in the for sales
Was there a differance in spindles that used ball bearings over the Timken bearings
I would think there be a press on race or radiouse of some kind the balls would ride on in the inner or larger set
I been told the spindles are the same from 11 to 25
I got ton alot of help asking for part T2704 but most share pics of the large cut for the balls

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Clyde in Cedarville CA on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Bob, In the Aug.5,1928 Price List of Parts booklet there is a good picture of the Stationary Cone # 2704. It is supposed to be a tight fit on the spindle, was installed easily when new but can be really difficult to remove after rusting on for decades. Heat from a torch will do it but then it will need to re- hardened & tempered.
Thanks for your email and please let me know if you find some. If they need to be reconditioned, I can probably do it for you. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration