I am looking for some advice by the rebuild of the Holley G Two Screw carburetor.
The carburetor was on a 1914 Canadian runabout.
As I opened the carburetor I found what you see on the photos. One of the parts was over the spray needle but was loose in the strangler tube.
How should this part been build in the carburetor, Should it been fixed down in the carburetor and how to do it without braking it.
As there was no reaction on my question I start cleaning the carburetor.
In the bottom of the carburetor I saw 4 punch marks, this make me think the little part was stays in its place by those marks and I did the same.
Here is what I made out of it.
Andre, you are certainly on the right track in your restoration project. While I have not done a 2 screw, I have done several 3 screw "Gs"and they are very easy and run exceptionally well. You are fortunate the venturi came out easily and all parts already look good. You might want to check the shaft clearances for the choke and throttle levers so there are minimal air leaks and the float for leaks also.Mine had a cork float which I replaced with an new synthetic one. Clean out the passages with a paper clip and you should be good to go.
I believe the carburetor you are referring to is a model S
Yes, the small tube is staked into the body.
Larry is correct, it is a Holley Model S.
The reason they went to the 3 screw top is probably that the top plate leaked after being tightened a few times. Be sure to check that is is flat and seals well to the body. The G gasket will fit.