ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 02/04/16 - COLLINS ELECTRIC OIL GAUGE FOR FORDS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 02/04/16 - COLLINS ELECTRIC OIL GAUGE FOR FORDS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

Replaces the original petcocks and moves them to the other side of the gauge. I'm missing the original lamp fixture to go with this but I have a era correct dash lamp to replace it with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Dang, these old gadgets are so cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

I would presume there is a float in that larger round chamber that completes the circuit to ground much like a 1915 horn button but instead of honking the horn it lights a light when there not enough oil in the chamber. Not a bad idea but I wonder where/how they mounted the light since they say there are no holes to drill and no changes get made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

John,Yes there is a float. The light might have been similar to this dash board clamp on lamp used on the Ever Ready automatic oiler.

Here's a link to the Ever Ready Oiler from a past post
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/268729.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration