What y'all doing in February?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What y'all doing in February?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Built this 1909 Kingston box and coils for a good fella in OK:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Removing broken head bolt from block on 26/27 engine.

After I get these frickin 22 cotter pins in the pan castle nuts.

Wanna trade projects?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

R.V. I always enjoy seeing your work. I don't know how you do it. Things always Sparkle.

Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

R.V. Your work is always beautiful.

I was rebuilding a two screw Holley G carburetor.

Andre
Belgium

(Message edited by adminchris on February 04, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Yesterday was in the 60's so I went to help a newbie get his '25 coupe running and start to teach him how to drive it. Put in a TW timer, better plugs (had some spare Champion 25's), runs real nice. He's getting the hang of a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Built a roof for the ( Farmer's Friend ), It got soaked during the last car show of last year. Hope it helps. Harv.FebFeb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Thanks Richard and Andre. Richard, your paintings amaze me. How someone can take a brush and some colored goop and make something that's even barely recognizable, let alone what you do, is miraculous. I was the only kid in art class whom the teacher ENCOURAGED to draw stick figures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

I'm cleaning gas tanks. I got my 14 tank clean and the car runs good again, new screen in the sediment bulb. Just put the tank back in my 47 Hudson today, then pulled the sediment bulb from my 21 T. Good screen but a bunch of crap in the bulb. It was starving for gas too last time I drove it around the yard. Guess I'll pull the tank tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

R. V.: That's some amazingly fine work! Absolutely gorgeous!

Harvey: Are you absolutely sure that roof will clear the garage door? From the angle of the photo it looks like it won't! Beautiful work as well, though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Got all the magnets to within .005" of equal heights and put the flywheel back on the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

R.V. You are an artist. Just beautiful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

R.V. ,Lets hope the rest of the car is worthy of that coil box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

Ordered several Bendix cover gaskets, Bendix decided enough was enough and went south. Hand cranking for the last several days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Gall on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Ugh, upholstery for my 1912 Torpedo. A lot of work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Trying to crank out some carbs this week and next, then off to the Puyallup swap meet next weekend, Feb half shot at that point, High School Girls Class C basketball tournaments, will go to the District Semi and Finals, which they should win, then to Divisionals which they might win. Will have to miss State because I will be in Chickasha in March. Whew! Also have a couple collector car auctions to look at and a ton of carbs to do. Lost several days over this car wreck, had to go buy a pickup to drive, taxes need doing, argggghhhhh.

Back to the shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 01:04 am:

My regular truck had a flat tire so took the T to the shop. Not too bad in the AM but good amount of rain coming home in the afternoon. I was asked at the club meeting tonight if I only drove in the rain! There is a story to that question! :-) Hadn't drove her for over 2 months now 3 times in less then 7 days, Happy Happy days are here again. Oh! I just won a Schebler carb off ebay, after A quick cleaning put her on, runs pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 01:29 am:

I learned that sometimes UPS (Uncaring Package Shredders) can break things, such as this rebuilt short block:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 07:19 am:

Bill you could make it into one of those 2 cylinder popular mechanics engines!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Hi James,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I was going to install this in one of my cars in order to cure a broken crankshaft problem. A two cylinder Model T would, I suppose, move a bit faster than one with a broken crankshaft and it certainly would draw much attention at the car show or cruise night. Hmmmm. Might not be a good tour vehicle though and I DO like to accumulate the miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Bill, sorry to hear about the damage :-(. Please let us know how you make out with UPS on settling for the damages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 10:24 am:

Bill, that's a shame. An early block, too. Best of luck settling. BTDT, just not with a block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 10:32 am:

R.V., great work. Stan, Richard, and you others all do great work, I envy your skill and dedication.

We have a Ford we need to begin work on too:

A drunk driver t-boned us two nights ago while we were trying to pull a stranded motorist out during a blizzard near home. My daughter was in the back seat and her head shattered the left rear window that is missing. Fortunately no serious injuries, and the drunk survived me and went to jail to sleep it off. :-(

i'm ready for March......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 11:22 am:

Glad you are alright, that could have been much worse. I got a chewing from the Deputy last Saturday night because I pulled a kid out of the ditch on the Interstate. He lost control on a patch of ice on the south side of Boulder Hill and nosed it into the side of the mountain -- but it was pretty soft snow so all he needed was out. We had two trucks with flashers uphill from where we were hooking up to the kid's van and people went flying by at full speed anyway. The deputy almost lost it trying to stop, said somebody had called them and reported what we were doing. We were off on the side lanes and I know he was right that we could have got hit but I was still a little ticked about the "let's see your license and registration" part of it.

I'm glad you and your daughter are OK, there are 100,000 guys in Mexico got up and went to work this morning to make another Ford pickup but you can never replace a daughter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Got 4 "good used" wood spoke wheels I'm putting on my 1915 and getting rid of the "questionable" ones that are on there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

When I can't play with my T's, and can not putter about due to weather/climate, I usually do gratis something restoration for a friend or family member...

This Sandpiper was carved and painted sometime in the 70's by an East Coast guy called 'Bennett'. Somewhere in the 80's it did a nose dive and all of the beak shattered and disappeared.

I'm a sucker for lost causes where the cost to restore something is the national mint. This isn't mine. I also love to restore to the point you can't tell something was broken. So, I started on Monday, finished up today...about 32 hours into it all in...but looks like a successful 'beak-ectomy'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Bill,
With all the rust there, that looks like an old break. Fortunately, it appears that more than 50% of the threads are there, so I think it will still hold a bolt. You might be able to bolt the timing cover on (with gasket) and build up the missing area with JB Weld. A little work, some paint, no one will see it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

AUgh, Dial-up strikes again; All that originally downloaded was the broken bolt hole at the front. When my posting loaded, THEN the other photo showed up. AUGH, what a mess!! Did they give you any "excuse?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Not that it help Bill, but looks like there were some cracks started before getting busted. Bummer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Polishing NH needles I never had any fall apart before.needle
needle3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:18 am:

Bill after seeing some the repairs done on really busted up blocks, how about getting it acid cleaned, checked for other cracks, welded up and sleeved?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 03:01 am:

Here is an other example of transport damage, not that catastrophic but ... .

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 08:38 am:

Rob, that's a definite "ouch" there on your otherwise nice truck. But most important, glad no one, especially your daughter got hurt, other than maybe a splitting headache on her part. Not so sure the drunk would've survived me...get that Irish temper going.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Tim,
I had just finished hooking a tow strap under the car. I was laying under the stuck Impala (yes it's true, a "Chebby"), and my daughter was standing beside me, holding a flashlight so I could try to find something to hook to (not much under today's modern plastic cars to hook a tow chain/rope on).

Had this guy come along two minutes earlier, he would have killed both of us, as he was just focusing on staying in his lane, regardless of who or what was in his way.

I immediately checked to see if everyone was OK, the stuck car driver (his car was spun around like a top, as the pickup hit us, then careened off his car), my wife, who was trying to direct traffic, and jumped out of his way at the last moment, and my daughter. I then went for the driver, who was out of his car, and immediately asked if he had been drinking? He of course said no, and my wife intervened by then.

I was damn mad at the SOB, and still am. Fortunately, the Deputy who arrived 45 minutes later could smell alcohol on his breath, and had him transported to the county jail. I learned yesterday he tested over twice the Nebraska legal limit......

Back to Ford related, of the three vehicles involved, only our Ford F-250 was able to drive away after the accident. Preliminary estimates are about $12,000 damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Bill H. and Andre V.------
I hope You guys had some type of insurance on the block and mag ring.

I have been in the same boat but with a vintage ham radio transmitter (90 lbs.) and a Fender guitar amplifier (85lbs).

In both instances they were shipped by UPS. Yes UPS could have been more careful but it turned out that the seller packed the items poorly and one was not doubled boxed. Both of my items were dropped somewhere down the line.

I don't know if the block was totally crated or just bolted on a pallet but the drivers at UPS don't really try to be careful when they are running a tight schedule is what it boils down to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Hi John,

You wrote: "but the drivers at UPS don't really try to be careful when they are running a tight schedule is what it boils down to."

And what a shame that workers Don't Do Their Job! Don't Do What We Pay Them To Do! Deliver merchandise in the same condition in which it was first picked up for shipment.

This whole workplace attitude of reduced competence some how being Good Enough is a significant part of what is wrong with this country. (Calm down Bill, do not go off on a rant.) Deep breaths.

In the name of all that is Holy I just wish that people would do a proper job of things. I got a bit worked up, sorry. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Rob...holy crap! God and your guardian Angels were definitely there. I have absolutely no regard for drunks & druggies either on the road or otherwise. Not sure I woulda had restraint. So glad it wasn't worse. And yes, sometimes we even have to help chebby people!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Rob, so glad that you and your daughter and everyone else are OK. The loss of life and the cost of drinking and driving is one of the scandals of our society. My wife, a speech pathologist, worked for a few years with a gorgeous girl, a model, who suffered massive brain trauma when her car was hit by a drunk. She was in a semi-vegetative state for years before passing away recently.

My parked truck was totaled by a drunk a number of years ago. His BAC was a shade under 0.030, approaching four times the limit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

finished machining my square hole hogshead casting. hope to install this spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Got my pan bolts and cotter pines all installed. Now to pull the head and get working on that broken head bolt in the block . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Charged up my sawzall battery...

Before:

After:

It had been cut and welded back together once before, so I don't feel too guilty about it.

Should look something like this when I'm done with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Voting, Doing a seminar in Philly on LED processing, a workshop in Guadalajara Mex on solder reflow, and preparing for a webinar on fundamentals of lead free solar processing in early April. Also trying to figure out what to say at an SMTA meeting in Monteray.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 01:29 am:
I learned that sometimes UPS (Uncaring Package Shredders) can break things, such as this rebuilt short block:

Bill, who called either one of those blocks rebuilt.

The top picture is a very old break.

The bottom picture is a new break with an old crack on the right side just about through in to the water jacket.

if the bottom engine is rebuilt, you should get your money back on that accord alone.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

If you look at the upper left edge of the cylinder wall looks like an old crack also at the break line. Both photos are the same engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

We are on a tour in the El Centro area, some drove over from San Diego while others traillered. Today my Stromberg OF gave me problems, starving for gas. I guess I had not tightened the adjusting nut tight enough, this is the second time..... While we were working the problem, my hood fell off and it touched the fan which immediately hit the radiator. It hit where the lower tank attaches to the core, it should be repairable once I get home. We continued to work on the carb, not sure we really have found the root of the problem on the Stromberg? In doing all this work, I lost the key for the trunk on the coupe.. Not my greatest day, but no one hurt and the company is the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Just became grandpa for the fourth time.

Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Congratulations Andre. Another potential T person. Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

Been working on my old Jag which has been sitting for almost 30 years---all new brakes, shocks, clutch hookup. Toughest car I`ve ever worked on! Makes my Model T work a dream!!!

`63 Jag XKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

`63 Jag XKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

Sorry----keep trying...`63 Jag XKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Salt & pepper shakers ???

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Made a sticker for a water pump I restored for a friend... I don't like water pumps on T's.

We will have to see how long it takes for him to find it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

I have shipped over a 1000 e-bay auction packages. I have had a few destroyed items by both UPS and USPS. I have been instructed by both firms that "all packages must be able to withstand a "repeated drop" from 15 feet high" The "repeated" part is what bothers me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

FIFTEEN FEET!!!!!

WHAT THE H3LL??? And repeated drops?? Oh for cryin' out loud. Can't anyone do their job?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

I've been busy cutting out new wood for a 1913 touring car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 08:20 am:

I did trim up the floor boards for the 26 roadster truck with a jig saw. The after market floorboards were not a good fit in the area near the seat. Just to cold and windy to keep the shop warm today. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Made some pack nuts for carbs I am working on.pn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Today I managed to solder up the damage to my radiator on the coupe. The damage was confined to two tubes and when I floated the area with solder, the leak went away.
I will check the gas line (the original problem) and the distributor while the radiator is out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Finished building these, Heinze coils used on the Model S, Ford p/n 1541:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Tony,I'm glad that you are making progress and that the radiator could be saved. How about the fan? Are the blades bent or cracked? Hope to see you in your running car on the next tour. Also hope you find a key. Maybe someone at the "Big Three?"
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Finally managed to get the turn signals to work. had to make sense out of five different wiring diagrams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 15, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I know some of you don't believe unless there are pictures. I remembered to take the camera to the barn today, so here is the Coupe and the radiator....

If you look carefully, you can see the solder on the right.

Actually it was a good day, I tested the engine and transmission I have just done for a friend. It started right up, after a little adjustment of the mixture it ran sweet. This is the one where I had to scrape the bearings. Small leak in the radiator , small issue.

Another picture, we all have the Langs advert with the gaskets outlined. well I mounted mine on wood, after a few screws and now I can find my gaskets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 10:23 am:

Sold our property so attempting to move some/all of this stuff - anyone need T parts - come get them in Milton, WA !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

The Coupe developed an intermittent miss. When I removed the timer to clean it I noticed one wire had broken off at the terminal. It was the lowest terminal on the timer so I suspect pushing snow may have put some strain on it. Adjusting the spark while driving had brought it close enough to make contact at higher RPM. This was tricky while driving on ice as the increase in RPM when it did make contact made the tires spin.
Braving the grease and cold I cleaned the timer and the plugs. All is well now. Still getting good use from this tired old engine.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

A friend up in Riverside was having rear axle problems. He has at least four T's that normally run well, but over the past four months three developed rear axle problems. So I packed my axle tools and a sleeping bag and went up to help solve the problems. Three were Ruckstells, the one in the yellow speedster was locked up. What a mess, many parts were chewed up and we replaced many parts. We used a 39 ring gear and an 12 tooth pinion which should give the speedster a nice turn of speed with most running in high.

a selection of the new parts

ready to go back in.

Then we worked on a ruckstell for a roadster, this used the standard 39/11 setup, nothing special but using some old parts we needed some shims under the ring gear, so we made a quick trip to Chaffins Garage and bought a selection.

Another ready to go back in.

Next up was the 1911 Touring. This has both a Ruckstell and a Laycock overdrive. The car is quite heavy, must be all that brass and leather, and was having problems pull the overdrive with the standard 39/11 setup, so he wanted to try a 10 tooth pinion. This will mimic the setup on his Four door Sedan which he really likes. We had to remove the rear axle, which was heavy hard work, but the new 10 tooth pinion went in well without any shims and just a couple of thou clearance between the gears, which in my experience works well. When disassembling, we found the remains of a dreaded babbitt spacer on the right side. Fortunately I had a new brass spacer which slipped right in.
A well spent two days. though it was good to get home to my own bed....

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on February 20, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Out driving today :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Me too! :-) The high yesterday and today in Hillsboro was in the mid '70s, so drove Betsy the Model T and my 1971 Plymouth GTX both days. Storms overnight, then back to highs in the upper 40s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 09:43 am:

Adjusted the bands in the 26 roadster truck. It seems to feel really. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

Working outside, today. Its 70 degrees and the afternoon sun hasn't hit full stride. Several days this week, it hit 80.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

I just found a new challenge. Now I need to agree a good price and get My wife in love with it to.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Andre, what kind of body is that? something for hauling livestock?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

leek
testing needle & seat
ch
making NH choke springs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, February 22, 2016 - 12:46 am:

Terry,

I think it is French made. The first owner was French. The car was bought, by the actual owner, 10-15 years ago from the family of the first owner when he past away. It was set in this barn and didn't move till now.

I hope to be the next owner and will try to keep it "DANS SON JUS" just make it run and make it save but will keep its look.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gale Bray on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 12:56 am:

Trying to get my sailboat ready to put in the water, going to school, and cleaning off 30+ years of dirt, rust and oil off my TT. Most of all, enjoying each and every day!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration