Nebraska Motor Vehicle Registration May 14 1912

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Nebraska Motor Vehicle Registration May 14 1912
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

Fremont Nebraska is located about 60 miles north of Lincoln, or just west of Omaha in eastern Nebraska.

This may be the Ford owner. If so, he's almost seventy years old when he registers his T:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Thanks Rob.

Registration fee of$2 in 1911 is equal to $49.36 in 2016.

Here's the inflation calculator I used.

http://www.in2013dollars.com/1911-dollars-in-2016?amount=2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 09:59 am:

Thank you Jay. I use 25 times every 1 dollar as a rule of thumb for my calculations, usually in the 1900-1910 time frame.

I played with the calculator you linked. Look at the inflation jump between our war years of 1917-1919. I had not thought of this before, the Model T dropping in price throughout it's production, and it dropped more significantly in price during these years (1917-1919) when the big inflation factor is added.

Thanks again for the thread and calculator link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Christensen is a well known name in the area. Christensen Field in Fremont, Nebraska is where we hold our annual swap meet in late September. . Paul Christensen owned a lot of land along the UP right of way and dug gravel for a lot road projects in the area. The borrow pits are now high end housing areas.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration