Proper cowl lacing rivets.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Proper cowl lacing rivets.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

I need to replace the cowl lacing on my 25 Tudor and I wanted use the proper color split rivet. Presently the old split rivets on the car are copper plated steel, although I doubt these are original. The choices that the vendors offer are Brass, black and silver. Am I right in assuming black is correct color? Thanks in advance guys.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 02:45 am:

My 24 tudor had brass that seemed to be original with the head to the inside. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

So the heads of the rivets go on the inside and the split-end face the outside?

Anyone else?

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

I figured it out what's what....Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:38 am:

The rivets were steel, and the heads face out. They are available from Langs. I just sold 1000 of them last year. I have a NOS firewall with the lacing on it. They are also used to attach the patent plate to the steel firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Thanks Larry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

I just replace the lacing today on my steel low cowl. Larry's got it. The ones I removed were steel head out and didn't look like they had been off the cowl from new. I was bad and used aluminum pop rivets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 12:32 am:

Thanks Mark Maybe we should meet up someday I live in the Hazel Dell/Felida area about 11 miles North of the I-5 Bridge. Pop Rivets? interesting!

Charles

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration