Old Photo - Model T Era - Dover Foxcroft, Me.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Dover Foxcroft, Me.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 05, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:15 am:

I just wonder how many cars had to hit that big bird bath before they took it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Bird bath or horse trough, probably both but it's gone today.

The small strip center in the foreground is the bottom rear left corner of the large building. The fountain was about where the ellipse is.

The old row of buildings on the left survived.

The streets go downhill to a river crossing about a block away. Neat photo.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Now why would they tear down such a neat old building just to replace it with asphalt? Damaged in a fire, perhaps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

That's what you do ! Some call it "Progress". You rip out the woods, put the creek in
a culvert, pave it up, put in some condos, maybe a prestigious gated community with a
protective home owner's association to see to it no one violates all the vinyl siding and
plastic landscaping rules. It's a Costco/Disneyland life !

Just look at the icky, unsafe world those cretinous urchins lived in back in the day. It's
no wonder they're all dead now !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

This one's for you Burger.

"Pave Paradise and put up a parking lot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJIuP7zEVeM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Looking at the windows & doorway on the first building in the modern pic, it looks like it might be part of the "lost" building. Maybe a fire took it out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

David,

I believe you are correct. They didn't save much of that big old building and scratch one bird bath too.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

I guess they tried to use the water in the bird bath to put the fire out, it wasn't enough. Now they have no building and a bunch of thirsty birds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Burger, I wish you would stop beating around the bush and just say what you mean.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

I agree with Ken that it was a horse trough. The towns around where I grew up had them in the center parks. Some had rings attached to them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration