Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Milton Oregon 1924

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Milton Oregon 1924
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:51 am:

What's up with the guy who decided to park on the sidewalk? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:56 am:

I bet there is a gas pump and he did not wait for some other car to move.

In those days most auto dealerships sold gas right by the front door. Scenes like this show why filling stations are designed the way they are today, with cars able to pull up on both sides of the pumps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:08 am:

For fear of being politically incorrect, when I was a kid growing up on the lower east side of Manhattan we called that a Puerto Rican oil change. Pull up on the curb over a sewer drain and pull the plug!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 08:43 am:

Garage to funeral home. You get fixed one way or another.

They call it Milton-Freewater, Oregon, today and there is no sign of the T's marking their territory. Most of the buildings on the right survive but none of the customers.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 10:02 am:

"Garage to Funeral Home"
At least when it was a Garage dead things came back to life. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

Great pic. Maybe some of those model Ts are still alive!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

I am currently working on a 1916 Runabout that came from a barn about 5 miles from that "Ford Garage." It was all in pieces when I was asked if the pile of Model T parts "Dad" left behind was worth anything. Still a few months away from getting it back on the road. Picked up the block from the machine shop this morning, ready to go for babbit as soon as the EE crank I had is checked.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration