Oh Crap! Speedo Swivel Broken

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Oh Crap! Speedo Swivel Broken
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Went to look at some T stuff that a guy had behind his garage. Most of it was pretty toasted and working it's way into the ground. As I was leaving my foot caught a cable ... As I pulled it from the ground I discovered it was a Stewart speedo cable with the bracket and swivel. Something I'd been looking for!

I brought it home and started to remove the crusted dirt and found the swivel in perfect condition ... a except for the part of the case that has the drive connection. I had broken the casting where the pin holds the drive fitting when at yanked it out of the ground ... crap!

Is there any adhesive that will work on this! It's a fresh clean break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

It's pot metal I wouldn't trust glue to hold it. Show us a picture of the broken part and maybe someone has a spare they would make available for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

There are several on Ebay right now:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ford+swivel&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p20 45573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xford+model+t+swivel.TRS1&_nkw=ford+model+t+swivel& _sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Could you repair it? I saw this guy repair a door handle a year or so back. It did not look difficult.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/482701.html?1411953710

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration