OT:-OT I'm done with the Model T Forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT:-OT I'm done with the Model T Forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Isn't time to stop beating this horse to death? Lets move on to more important stuff -- Water-less water pumps or why is gas similar to gasoline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:37 am:

I had gas last night. It was nothing like gasoline, although I did stay away from any open flames.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 11:39 am:

LOL. Got a heck of a lot of mileage though, didn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

Yup, some old dogs really get a kick out of chewing a rag doll to death ... must have nothing else to do ...

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Well I don't "run" on my gas,but I sometimes have to run FROM my gas. Crock pot of pintos on the counter now,um good! But alot of hot air later!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

The good part of having gas is the selfless joy in sharing it with others. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Mack, Don't let the EPA know your eating beans, they'll want to charge you a Flatulent tax for emitting green house gas. :-)

Hard to avoid politics when it affects ever breath you take.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Um, I don't think I would equate "passing gas" with breathing; maybe with a lack of breathing!
:-)
I know, nothing better to do before breakfast but fart around on the computer. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

My Dad used to say "A farting horse will never tire, a farting man is a man to hire".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

Is it just me, or has anyone else contemplated the universal negative response humans
have to the smell of fecal matter ? Why is it that dogs go out of their way to get an ass
sniff ? Cats seem unmoved, either way. Birds are the same. Yet, go anywhere in the world
and the human response is the same.

It's a great source for humor. Everyone knows the drill. It is as predictable as the sun
coming up in the morning. Wassup wit dat ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

I dunno about all that Burger, but when I was in college I had a roommate who took great delight in rocking back on his bunk, putting his knees as close to his ears as he could, lighting a match, then with the burning match strategically located let one go. He could get a flame a good foot long every time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Well, I'll da--ed if I am going to start greeting my friends by sniffing their hindends! :-)

I guess animals use the smell of fecal matter as part of their survival. For a short time fox and coyote urine was boasted as a good deer deterrent around a garden or whatever. Well the trouble is the deer or other animals can smell and tell how old it is and know if they are safe or not.
Last weeks wiz or poop indicates the enemy has not been present for days. Fresh means, "oh crap" RUN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Didn't take long for this thread to turn to Crap. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Your right Jay this thread stinks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

A lot of BS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

you guys get a lot of fun out of 2 little letters (OT) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

over time!
outa time!
on time!
off time!
off topic!
on topic!
orange tshirt!
orange taurus ! Yuck that would be 1 ugly ride!
racking my brain trying to figure out how many more combos I can type! Gota get some more fun out of OT. can't let the horse lay around unbeaten very long!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:20 am:

Taurus = Ugly, no matter the color. :-P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:20 am:

In days of old and men were bold before toilets were invented,

They dumped their load in the middle of the road and waked away contented.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:27 am:

sorry, they walked away not waked away or maybe they whacked away. So it's time for this guy again . . . .

pig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 06:18 am:

That thread is just like any other. It is perfectly capable of not being read. Just don't click on it! I REALLY don't understand how some get bent out of shape about how long a thread they are not interested in runs. You don't like it? Skip over it and go to the next one. How hard is that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 06:26 am:

I have read this thread, as I was trying to understand why this guy got so upset.
As forums go this is a pretty good one I'd say.
I know I've been of forums that were brutal at times and hardly reflected well on the members.
Quite honestly, I am a bit surprised by some of the comments made on this thread and it does seem out of tune with what I generally read on here.

Each to their own I guess, I wont be reading any more on here, I will just skip over it.
Here is me thinking we were all one big happy family.
Boy, have I lived a sheltered life...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Russel,it is a big happy family. where else can you go and be entertained and informed about the things you enjoy at the same time?
I am a member of several other forums, related to gardening, and garden tractors and this is only 1 I really feel like i am hanging with a bunch of like minded folks that enjoy life to the fullest.
The Cadillac forum I joined to get some ideas for a trailer hitch for my 96 deville, they acted I didn't have enough sense to use google. I can use google,but google does not show me where it bolts to so i can BUILD my own hitch instead of paying nearly 200 bucks for 1. that is the concept they could not fathom.

Building our own whatever here on this forum is considered Normal as we get our hands dirty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:22 am:

Outa Touch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 09:31 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Let's not forget that some people just like to whine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:07 pm:

Yea,it is a shame we can't send them some cheese to go with the whine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

We let the whiners go to the Vikings! Then get to enjoy our cheesecake.... (Without the extra calories, of course.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

What do you get when a bunch of drama queens start telling puns?
A whine and cheese party.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

cant believe this 1 has not been bumped all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Well, Mack C, That WAS a pretty bad joke!

Maybe I killed it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Shucks Mack, that was a good one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Wayne, Do you know how many Divas it takes to change a light bulb??

Just one--she holds the bulb while the world spins around her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 09:12 am:

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

come the 29th I may be posting here more than now. Sinus surgery! !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert D. Hyden on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

Mack: Good luck with your surgery. My wife recently had balloon surgery on her sinuses. If that is what you are having you have little to worry about. Very effective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Thanks,Robert.
I wish it was that simple.
My upper sinus's did not develop.
My lower 1's are full of polyps and diseased tissue she said would be equal to a handfull once removed.
My septum is deviated to a point she said tools would not fit past it for surgery without problems.so it is getting fixed.

Lets derail a thread! :-),
If you ever wanted to see inside my head, HEre ye go!
For 337 dollars for the scan,at least I did get my own copy to look at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

The first pic looks like a huge empty cavity, Mack. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Best picture of you I have seen yet, Mack!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

heheheehe,Thanks for the laugh.
What really gets me is how my teeth look,they are all turned outward! Head looks kinda squashed! I sat in a big ring that had the camera thing spinning around for about 5 minutes for the pictures.
The doctor was telling me about all the hazards and she said that it was possible to puncture the brain sac that contains the fluid and the eye ball and all that and I just told her, "well, looks like the brain is missing or very small from this angle!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

Mack.,
Don't worry the medical people can do some really great things but find strange ways to do them.

I had a bad nose bleed so they put a tube in me near my privates and placed some kind of stopper in a blood tube (don't know what they called it) between my eyes.
I was told that it would either not work, make me blind, or stop the bleeding.
It stooped the bleeding and my eye sight didn't improve, but on an overcast day I can hear radio transmissions without a radio.
The other day I heard a transmission from the State Police and slowed down in time to avoid a ticket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Hey Mack, since your not using that large cavity between your ears can I borrow it to park my Model T in? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Just kidding Mack...I know that's where you keep your extra golf cart parts. :-)

No really I'm just having fun at your expense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 05:03 pm:

Fred Dimock, Seriously? Actually, I did have some experiences with similar phenomenon many years ago. I also spent most of my working career in RF communications contracting (that is Radio Frequency). Among our specialties, was finding, and finding solutions for, RF phenomenon. It would be very difficult to explain in detail. But it basically works just like a crystal radio set.
I used to often tell people that "RF was as close to pure magic as anything firmly rooted in the laws of science and mathematics could be".

Mack C, Take good care of you my friend! And keep us informed if you are up to it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Mack,

I wish you well with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Wayne Sheldon, Are you also an amateur radio operator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Bill, No. I never got into that beyond what I sometimes had to deal with at work. Usually interference caused by illegal transmitters. I have several friends that do ham radio. And to this day and beyond, I do believe that the amateurs could become needed as the last line of major communication.
I might also add, that hams rarely caused us problems. Most interference we had to find was caused by bad engineering. Oh, the stories I could tell. And a few I am forbidden from telling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Wayne

It is true. In fact it took two times to stop the nose bleeds. I was semi awake during the first one and I could see the light inside my head when they turned on the light.

As for the radio,- I hear voices but think is remnants of too many glasses of wine :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

Ok Wayne, I have been a ham since 1973-74 11years old (WB8SVW) My Mother & Father are also Hams. I am well aware of R.F. & its effects..LOL
Have a Great Evening!
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

I am going to try to take of myself and hope this will help with the headaches I have dealt with for many years. In the past year or so the headaches are to a point it causes me to have to sit around for a couple or 3 hours a day waiting for Tylenol or something to take affect so i feel like getting around. It has caused weight gain because i am not as active as I was .
I have yet to understand why the brain didn't show up any better than that. And I don't understand why in june of 2014 the neurologist didn't see the problems with my sinus and at least ask if I had trouble and suggest going to a doctor for it. They did a scan of my brain to see if my previous injury had affected the section that controls heart beat. I had that heart scare and that when i found out I had that irregular heart beat problem that leads to my fatigue issues. 49 and holding on to something,don't know what,but hanging on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 02:25 am:

Mack, hope all goes well with your surgery. I have sinus drainage problems, but they don't compare to what you're dealing with. Good luck!!! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 03:13 am:

Glad that you are hanging on. I, for one, look forward to reading your posts, on topic and off topic. I hope this procedure helps you with the headaches and other issues affecting strength and balance. It would be wonderful if you could get enough of your strength back to keep doing the things you need to do and still have more time to work on your model Ts! I'd like to see some pictures of your Ts and their progress.
Get well my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 09:05 am:

Mack I don't always read the name of the poster first when I am going down the thread reading the comments.
Once in a while I will think "That sounded like Mack Cole" and I will look up to see your name. I guess I read this forum too much, but I am glad you are here.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 11, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Mack I don't always read the name of the poster first when I am going down the thread reading the comments.
Once in a while I will think "That sounded like Mack Cole" and I will look up to see your name. I guess I read this forum too much, but I am glad you are here.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Well.......I reckon somebody finally got really out of line or else somebody else finally got a belly full. The other thread seems to be missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

Mack, hopin' the surgery helps! I can tell you have a brain in there even tho we can't see it since you use Firefox, one of the Mozilla web browsers! :-) Down side, My nasal surgery hurt like hell for years after.
Fred, my brother's second wife (beautiful woman!) had a broken neck sometime in her life and slept with a half ring or so of alum. foil around her neck. They both could hear a local radio station some nights. True.
I like this forum.
OR
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

It probably got so big that it self-destructed
the same might happen to the government

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

I haven't even opened that other thread since its first few days. I look for the smiley face and open this one a couple times a day! This one is OT and thread drift at its finest. I hope it remains for all time in the open archive.

To all my friends that have recently had, or soon will have, any surgery or other such issues. Get well quick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

"Well.......I reckon somebody finally got really out of line or else somebody else finally got a belly full. The other thread seems to be missing"

Yup! Seems some whiner here ALWAYS manages to shut down speech that opposes their viewpoint ! Notice I didn't make it political by saying PROGRESSIVE WHINER! :-)

Oh well here's goes this thread too! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Mack, sorry about coming to the party late. "Big empty space" would show black like your maxillary sinus does. That cavity Mike thinks he sees looks like it is full of something soft and mushy.

"Teeth turned outward", I don't see that, looks pretty normal except for the unerupted third molars ("impacted wisdom teeth", and of course that septum...get hit by a truck?).

That dentition looks much too normal to be a T guy.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

It looks like the other "I'm done" thread finaly got pulled. It seems to be gone from my machine. This thread will probably be next!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Jay,
You come up with some of the coolest and strangest pictures.
Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 12, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Actually Terry you guessed correct! 10 years ago! But I think the problem was there before that,but some part of me hit the dash of the pickup hard enough to bust the display out of the radio. Coulda been my nose!
I hope we can keep this thread going.
Some folks want a off topic section. Why not just 1 off topic thread that folks can skip over if it gets their panty's in a wad? Or G string or whatever a person wears that gets that bound up over a thread on a forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:34 am:

G String & thread on a forum? Was that pun intentional???
Terry, Once a dentist, always a dentist, eh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 03:09 am:

The only thing I know about G-strings is that it is the lowest tone string on a violin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:24 am:

Hehehe, didn't realize it at the time but that is a pun aint it?

Since I don't understand someone complaining enough to get that thread removed, I came to realize that there is no telling what that person wears for underwear. I wouldn't really want to understand it because they must live in a dark place in their heart and mind to be so intolerant of fun and laughter.I am starting to wonder if maby their mother makes them wear burlap diapers.That could explain their anger towards the world

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Just may be he has Cadillac's in them eye balls? Not me Dr Kingfish said that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Sam,
Don't start quoting people, someone south of the equator who don't like hamburgers will bash you for that.
Hmmmm,
Is it true when you flush a commode down there the water swirls counter clock wise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Well I dont know about the commode but it is weird if you think about it. Land is level around us but yet we are standing on a ball.
Down there they are standing upside down on the same ball and aint falling off
I guess I have to much time on my hands when i sit down and think about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Re. thread removal: Many years ago when I used to help manage many things on this web site I occasionally went in and removed threads. It was always done at my own discretion and I always took care of all the links etc. so there was no evidence of the removal to the membership. No one ever mentioned noticing the absence of a thread I removed. I never removed a thread due to a complaint as at that time I felt that the complaints I received did not warrant the action.

Then I went on a trip for a week. While I was away a thread went ballistic and the MTFCA ended up taking down the whole forum for a long period of time. In spite of having spent a long time helping out the web site I believe I became the goat as I was locked out of all association with the website.

The thread is gone, to assume it was due to any complainant may be an error. It's absence is most likely for the good of the forum and the hobby. I was not the webmaster in the day but was the only one monitoring the content, it is possible that several folks have access to the source files and any one could have edited. It is probably safe to assume that you are able to read the rest of the forum because offensive content has disappeared over time.

Respectfully submitted, Terry Horlick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:14 am:

"We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity." Yada Yada Yada!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Ah well, maybe it did get out of hand. I can't say as I didn't look at it for a day or two BUT I posted this on that thread and I'll re state it on this one: If you have any questions regarding why this Forum is so active these two threads should answer all your questions. It's not just T's. It's the people, places and things that happen to the people that own T's. It's personal, funny and idea manufacturing at it's best and it keeps old duffers like me computer savvy to a degree. I hope it never changes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 11:38 am:

What Charlie Said!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Jay,
You been watching the Twilight Zone"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

X files reboot! LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

What Charlie said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Jay,
Sorry, I meant "The Outer limits"
Pre senior moment I suppose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

Careful calling people "Whiners". Using the word "Crybabies" got me a personal phone call from a club official. I didn't appreciate it, and that was reflected in my disregardal of my renewal notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Yep, that what happened to you Hal was not called for as this is not the USSR. We do have freedom of speech here currently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

This thread definitely needs a "THANK YOU CHRIS B!!!!!

I do hope this does not get edited (and certainly not deleted) from anything I have seen so far. The title is clearly marked OT and identified well, plus with the smiley face you cannot miss. The comments have been reasonable (even if pushing the limits a bit). And it would appear that I am not the only one enjoying the banter.

What Chris B does is a very difficult judgement call. Walking that line is really tough. I think Terry H KNOWS what I am talking about. Thank you both.

I think I know which thread went away. I will not try to second guess Chris B on that. If it is the one I think it was? I had read it a couple times, did not like where it was going, and never looked back at it again. That was how I dealt with it.

Again. Thank you Chris B for all you do for us. Many of us do appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Just thought I would use this thread to let you all know the view of the inside of my head should be alot different.:-)
I made it thru ok and to be honest,my head is not hurting at all.I am having sensitivity in the nose with the big plastic splint things in there.Deviated septum was fixed. If someone touches my nose,like I did by mistake, I would probably knock them across the room.
The dr said after she got in there it was a mess of polyps,1 large enough it was just blocking the right side totally most of the time.But other than that, I took 2 Tylenol for my back pain about 2 oclock and just feel weak and tired. I hope this investment of money and a few weeks of light duty will give me a better life. it has been annoying lately having to wait out headaches 3 or 4 hours a day before I feel like doing anything.I was suffering headaches while I was still working but had no idea there was relief out there or I woulda done this years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

I'm glad for Mack. Keep us posted on your recovery.
Do something for the Model T and keep on keeping on.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Nice to hear your good news Mack.

Wish you a speedy recovery, and may the Easter Bunny bring you enough chocolate to keep you happy, but not so much as to cause more headaches!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 29, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

Mack,
I had a similar problem. When I was about 5 years old, I did a nose dive off a tricycle and landed on my nose. It loosened my two front teeth (baby teeth). The permanent teeth came in fine. But from that time on I have had no sense of smell. When I hear about how some things stink, and I cannot smell them, I sometimes think it is a blessing. However, I don't usually smell food cooking either. If I do smell something it usually means within a day I will come down with a cold. I couldn't breathe through my nose for many years. When sitting still I could get a few breaths and then had to breathe through the mouth to catch my breath. Laying down no air at all through the nose. Well at about age 35 I finally went to a doctor and got it fixed. Very similar to yours. There was a severely deviated septum which blocked both sides and polyps. Now I can breathe all the time and an any position, but still can't smell things.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Mack, Good to hear it is going well!
This thread has/is very interesting, it seems almost any subject goes under it!
This forum helps me keep my head above depression, I am very thankful for it!
Now if it would just put my T back together. . .
What?? I have to do that???!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 12:25 am:

Wonderful update to hear here Mack C!
I hope for you a speedy recovery and many better years to come for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 12:33 am:

Mack, good to hear things are looking up. We hope and pray for your continued improvement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 03:21 am:

Mack - Besides the relief from the headaches, we're all glad to hear that you'll smell better now too! Haha,......sorry Mack,.....just couldn't resist just one more "play on words".......... ( ; ^)

Seriously, it sounds like the procedure has been a huge success, and for that, we're all glad for you! Nice too that after a hopefully short time to fully recover, you'll be in good shape for Model T touring and such,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

Yea, day 2 is going ok, just having to sit around and walk around outside in the perfect 72 degree blue sky day!.
No headache.Wow.but neck hurts. Musta been the way they had me on the operating table.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration