OT - Ford Motor Oil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Ford Motor Oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Period oil can for Model T Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 11:37 am:

Nice one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

Great find. It states on the top of the can "This can fits under seat of Ford Touring car". Well Mike you're just going to have to send it to me so I can see if it is true! I must check out truth in advertising you know. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

Appears to have been made in Canuckistan given the Toronto, Ontario address. Never seen one before - it is a neat piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

And just when we thought we had seen everything.
Thanks for posting this.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Now that's a new one on me. Didn't know about Ford motor oil.
If you look on the side of the can it tells what Ford cars need. Neat piece!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

There are a couple of very interesting things about this can:

1. At the bottom it reads, "All Ford agents sell Ford motor oil". If that was universally true you'd think such cans would be commonly found. Maybe it means all Ford agents in Canada?

2. The side panel promotes Peerless Gasoline, Vulcan Transmission grease, and Old English Metal Polish. Are these all Canadian products not typically found in the USA?

3. It gives rise to a question about Henry Fords business alliances. Was the British American Oil Company Ford owned or was it for some reason Henry's chosen supplier?

Just my thoughts.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

Here is another one, unfortunately not as nice as Mike's. The one I have says for Runabouts. These are the only two I have ever seen. The five gallon pail is a little different , but still unusual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

"This can fits under seat of Ford touring car"

That's cool.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

This one sold in January at a recent online auction. I was watching it, but missed on bidding on it.

http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ford-motor-oil-one-gallon-soldered-seam-fl at-can.-163-c-c9b465a889

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Dan - I like the graphics on your Sears can a lot better than mine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

I have never been to check this out but while we are on the subject of Ford oil, does the Henry Ford Museum have any Ford oil cans with the Ford name on them that's pictured or something similar?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration