Wichita swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wichita swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

drove 450 miles round trip, I spent a whole $20.00. I will sure be glad when Chicasha get's here. I had a lot of good visiting though.
Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

I usually bring home a few good items, but it was mighty slim pickin's this time. I bought some shop supplies, but the only Model T items I got were a pair of #2335 wrenches for $1 each. There was mighty little T stuff and a little more Model A, put mostly postwar.

There were a few interesting things to see.

The local HCCA had nice Schacht high wheeler on display.

These jacks were priced at $200 each, but the guy said he wasn't taking them home, so maybe somebody got them for less.

You may be too young to know what this is.

I didn't run into JD and Uncle Mike at the meet, but on their way back to Arkinsaw they stopped to visit and have their picture taken with some old man this morning.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on February 06, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

I picked up a very nice differential, a few good looking shackles, two front axles, two rear axle gears, three wire wheels, some head lights and a bunch of other non - T stuff.

I really like that swap meet. It's inside, it's big and it's the first swap meet of the year. Most of all though, I just love swap meets! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

I just dropped off JD and made it home a little bit ago. Enjoyed the visit with Steve and the tour of his stuff.

There was hardly any T stuff at the swap meet, also very little flattie V-8 stuff, and those were the two things I went for. I saw quite a bit of Model A parts and anything you could possibly want for a SBC. This was my first time there, and I was impressed with how big the meet is and how many people were there. But I don't see any reason to return. It's about 1-1/2 hours' longer drive than Chickasha, too far to go not to see any T parts. I did visit for a while with Jerry Hoffman and Gary Paulsen, so the trip wasn't a total loss. Apparently Brian bought all the T parts before I got there. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on February 06, 2016)

(Message edited by coupelet on February 06, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

Steve,
Too young to know what THAT is??? Has it been that long ago since oil cans disappeared? I still have about 5 unopened Penzoil SAE 30, non-detergent around here somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:39 am:

David, I guess it HAS been that long ago. I have been seeing pour spouts in antique stores for years. Depressing, isn't it?:-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:59 am:

I once saw some refillable root beer bottles in an antique shop--the exact same ones I could have gone four blocks to the grocery store and bought "off the shelf." Sometimes those guys/gals don't know what they have!
I also see insulators and door locks that we still use everyday on the family resort--but then it does date from 1922! Egads, we're coming up on some significant anniversary dates; My folks took it over in '46, so this year is 70 years our family has run the place!
I notice now when I mention I have a 100 year-old car, I get some strange looks too--mostly disbelief!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

did anyone buy the ass brass t rad in the east building the one with the tin shell on it.????? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

did anyone buy the ass rad for brass t in the east building the one with the tin shell????.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

oops!!!!!!!!! charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration