Ford parts from barn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford parts from barn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denis Mailloux on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

I just cleaned out a barn that belonged to a deceased relative. There were some old Ford parts in there and I'm looking to see if there is any interest in them. There are two fenders, two doors and a radiator. I know absolutely nothing about vintage cars but I do have pictures. The condition is quite good as they have been stored inside the barn for over 60 years. Ask and I will send photos. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denis Mailloux on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

BTW my neighbor says they are Model T parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

Rather than going through the hassle of sending out the same pictures over and over, why not just post them here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denis Mailloux on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

Here are three photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

The fender looks like '17 - 25 T. The door is not Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

That door sure looks neat! Appears to be from at least a mid-price-range car, based on the trimming and it still has the original pinstripe on it. you might try some more pics of it showing the latch side and the hinge side, someone here may recognize it. That upturned front top is likely somewhat unique, considering that it appears to be a rear door. Although the leather arm rest also indicates the seat would be close to the edge of the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Good point David. The curve on the upper front of the door suggests an early dual cowl touring. Lincoln and White come to mind.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Denis - Might be that looking thru' yours or any relatives old family photo albums might just help,.....back in the early days of the automobile, just about every family took pictures of their automobiles, as cars were probably more of a "prized possession" then than they are now. FWIW,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denis Mailloux on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

I will go take more pictures tomorrow weather permitting. There are not many pictures of him that have survived. The only one I have seen of him was with an old Indian motorcycle. I really appreciate your help, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denis Mailloux on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

More photos, I also found what looks to me to be a fuel tank to some car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

Denis, the round gas tank is typical for Model T Ford from 1913 to 1920 or there abouts.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

The door hinges seem to be a concealed pocket hinge similar to these on my 1915 Maxwell. Yours are different but many cars used them. These type hinges can't be seen when the doors are closed. That might help in identifying your doors from photos. The doors could be late teen's or so. Someone who has such a car would certainly recognize them and this forum has a variety of interests. The AACA forum has a vast membership and would also be a good place to get these recognized. Someone would love to have them but until you find him they aren't worth too much.
My 2 cents worth.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Malcolm Moore on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

Doors look like 1917 or 1918 Overland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Since there are other T parts in the barn, I wonder if those doors could be from an aftermarket T body, such an Ames Cloverleaf or something? Just a thought. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, February 08, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Studebaker used that style door hinge too...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration