Update on my Grandson / I need some information

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Update on my Grandson / I need some information
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Things were looking good for a little while, Now its going bad again.They have put him back on O2 and now he has started throwing up blood. There doing tests to try and figure this out.His white count has dropped to zero. All it will take is a simple cold virus and it could kill him. They had him crawling on the floor to help him build his muscles back up but with everything going back to where he started they have stopped that.

I have a question, My son has no support in Wisconsin. Him and his wife have been 24/7 at the hospital for four months with his other two babies living out of a suitcase at the Ronald McDonald house. I think its starting to wear on them. He never knows from one day to another what condition James is going to be in.

I'm considering bring them to Florida. James is on Medicaid and I don't know if the state of Florida will help him if I move them here to me. Where can I go to find out if it's possible to transfer them down here? I think the kids need family and I'm all they have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

Will, check with your county's department of social services for starters and see what they say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Will,
I think and pray for you and your family a couple times a day.
I realize that it is hard for everyone.
You are a great dad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

You cannot collect Medicaid in 2 different states. The grandkids would be living on your dime. If you can afford to bring them down and temporarily raise them for your son and daughter, it would be a blessing. You are all family, so it is not like they are being raised by a non family member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, February 06, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

I'll be stepping up the prayers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration